Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good someone tell me if the flywheel on a 2009 1.6 sport is the same as a 1.3 swift not sure as i have a clutch problem i have bought the clutch kit but wanted to be prepared when the garage fit it as the car drives fine but it shudders as you release the clutch and when you stop at lights and put it in gear the car seems to pulsate/shake maybe going in to deep and the clutch/cover and bearing will cure it

·
Super Moderator
18,782 Posts
Too many unknowns. :(

You could have an oil leak causing engagement surface contamination, broken trans or engine mounts, or yes...a clutch failure / replacement need.

Keep in mind too that flywheels are commonly re-surfaced back to full spec / usefulness. ;)

A full diagnosis is needed, first off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i agree but was looking at getting a second hand flywheel in case that is damaged then that's another base covered as that would be a pain if when the box is out and had to wait for a fly wheel and yes i have also contemplated as there is an oil leak in the area underneath but that hopefully is a seal which could be done with the box out so just trying to get sorted before the car goes in for a new clutch

·
Super Moderator
18,782 Posts
But even a "second hand" flywheel IF located will require resurfacing unless already completed.
It may cost you dearly to acquire something that you probably won't need, but it's your money! :)

Inspect first!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a wheel for £40 delivered that's why i asked if they were the same 1.6 and 1.3 as you say i don't know the full reason for the clutch but was trying to get a cost to see if it was worth doing and i know your right but don't like paying twice for something;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool thank you is there a data base which i could check or would you have the part number for me to research
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts