Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put my Forenza on jack stands so I can remove and repaint the steel wheels all at the same time. I found the attached lift guide picture. I have not done this before so could some who has done this please tell the best place to put the floor jack for lifting, positions for the jack stands and what sequence. Should I use any wood blocks or other protection between the jack, jack stands and the Forenza? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thesavo, your red box is at the rear of the Forenza (which is a front wheel drive car). The area within the red box has a heavy bracket or weldment. It looks to be quite solid such that with a protective block of wood a jack could be used to left both rear wheels at the same time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I feel like a fool. I presumed the vehicle front was facing left. I'm surprised they didn't note that. Although the control arms are clearly defined. I also thought that trapezoid was the front windscreen.

So this model hadn't much for lifting both sides at once? [Common floor Jacks] . That's too bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That diagram is from the Nubira-Lacetti service manual not the Forenza owners manual. This diagram indicates the midpoint of rocker panel between the front & rear wheels as a jack point but that location is not marked with cutouts in the pinch weld or obvious reinforcement like near the wheels for the stock jack ... I don't want to crush this midpoint rocker panel area if it is not reinforced on the Forenza. If the mid point is reinforced it seems like one side at a time could be jacked up and floor jacks put under the rocker panel / pinch weld near each wheel. I was hoping that someone who had done so could would describe how they did so safely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I was checking the brakes, I jacked at the frame rail and used safety stands on the flat point, inward of the control arm. They aren't shown on the diagram, I hate jacking up a control arm. Too diagonal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts