Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Vitara SZT with rear sensors
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two keys for the car but surprised they are not flip keys.

Does anyone know, if it is easy to change in to a flip, I would only do one of them.

I had a look on the net but seemed very complicated

·
Registered
282 Posts
I suspect the problem will be in the immobiliser chip that’s located in the fob. You’d need to find that and transfer it to the new case.

Timpsons May be worth a try.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah thank you. it is not the end of the world, but quite like having the flip ones, they seem sturdier too

·
Registered
282 Posts
i didn’t realise that the SZT didn’t have keyless.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shame, the sz5 has so much more but it was a step too far for me

·
Registered
282 Posts
I traded a BMW X5 and got a really good deal (cash back) so the SZ5 was the sweet spot. I only do about 3k miles a year and have to say that the Vitara easily matches the Beemer in most areas. It’s not quite got the poke of a straight 6 but it weighs half as much so isn’t a million miles off.

The only things I miss are drive away door locks and the connected services which, amongst other things, included the ability to remotely lock and unlock the car - very handy when it’s tipping it down and the missus is having her hair done with the keys in her handbag.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I traded a BMW X5 and got a really good deal (cash back) so the SZ5 was the sweet spot. I only do about 3k miles a year and have to say that the Vitara easily matches the Beemer in most areas. It’s not quite got the poke of a straight 6 but it weighs half as much so isn’t a million miles off.

The only things I miss are drive away door locks and the connected services which, amongst other things, included the ability to remotely lock and unlock the car - very handy when it’s tipping it down and the missus is having her hair done with the keys in her handbag.

I had many Hyundai ix20s. Loved them. In the top spec had the sun roof, auto lights. Sadly they stopped making it. The engine, auto 1.6 was brilliant. I traded whilst I’m still working, for the things I didn’t have like climate control, Apple car play etc.
This car feels quite light/flimsy compared to it, but I like the high up position. I also take ages to get the seat comfy in any car, so miss the wheel for adjusting the back of the seat. The ratchet it obviously less precise

I didn’t notice no drive away door locks. I had. a VW T cross briefly. Very solid, doors wise and gen build.
I love this engine better though, the 1.4 as the 1.0 on some cars I felt needed more foot down to get it to move

If they’d upped the spec on the ix20’s/not stopped making them I would had got another

remote would be very handy lol

I should have just kept my ix20 but once I decided to change, that was it lol, not always a good thing in uncertain times.

the Vitara is great, I love the colour and just needs me to get used to it.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
4 Posts
I have two keys for the car but surprised they are not flip keys.

Does anyone know, if it is easy to change in to a flip, I would only do one of them.

I had a look on the net but seemed very complicated
It is an absolute doddle.
1. Buy flip key from Ali Express (delivery was 10 days using Ali Standard shipping option)
2. Get blade in New flip key cut at Timpson (copied from existing keys)
3. Take screw out of back cover of existing key
4. Pop electronic module out ( single piece so won't fall apart)
5. Take back cover off flip key
6. Put module from old key inside
7. Put back cover back on flip key and fit the 2 supplied screws
8. Put logo sticker over screw heads on back of flip key
9. Go drive Vitara

(If you have any question about the key blade type to fit Vitara ignition you need one with HU133R)

There are a couple of styles of flip key, at least one causes issues because the immobiliser chip is placed too far away from receiver in ignition barrel.
Get the same style as the one in the link below and you will be fine - did the swap in one of my keys a few weeks back (bought from the seller linked below)

If you buy from a different seller check that you get the 'S' logo sticker for the back as not all come with them, usually says in the description.

Video guide (not English language but you only need to see the pictures - it's so easy)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts