Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my Vehicle ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1995 GEO TRACKER LSI 2DR Convertible 5 Speed Manual 4WD 1.6 4 Cylinder The Flasher Went.. So I replaced it .. Ordered the Part from 3 Different People.... the RESULT.. Left Turn Signal Makes the Flasher Buzz.. I HAVE DONE THIS!... I Changed the Switch.. all the Switches Wire Pack in STEERING WHEEL!.. I changed the Bulbs in the Sockets for Front and Rear Left Signals.I CLEANED THE SOCKETS WITH ELECTRONIC CLEANER and the CONNECTIONS.... . I found the GROUNDS.. one under the Dash.. One in the Front in the Engine near the Socket.. and the One in the Back.. ALL GROUNDS ARE GOOD AND SECURE!.. I Changed the Fuses.. I went thru the Entire Car.. The Lights Flash.. No Problems with anything Else.. so I Am Thinking.. this FLASHER that im Buying is not the Correct one.(even tho these Parts People say it Should Work). Got 1 from EBAY. One from ROCK AUTO. and one from Oreillys(which was completely Wrong.. SO WHAT I NEED is a PICTURE Of an ORIGINAL ONE.. from this Car.. so I can find One.. Or if Anyone Has ONe to Sell.. I am thinking this Flasher is not compatible..Any Ideas You Great Mechanics? :):)

·
Super Moderator
25,551 Posts
The left hand turn signal makes the relay buzz, but the right hand does not? Does it buzz with the hazards?? The relay is just a solid state switch - if it is working well on the right, but not on the left, it's not a relay problem. Do a bit of an experiment - take the bulb out of the left front and put the turn signal on - still buzzing? Now replace that bulb, and remove the bulb from the left rear? Still?? Also, in the front, the left turn signal and the left parking light use the same bulb and wiring - with the parking lights on, does the left turn indicator still make the relay buzz? Stop replacing everything and start testing! Having a DVM would be helpful here, as well.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only Left Buzzes.. not Right Turn or Hazards.. ThankYou.. Now im gonna do this with the Bulbs... Good Idea.. Thank You

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,254 Posts
This got me to chuckling..

Stop replacing everything and start testing! Having a DVM would be helpful here, as well.....
Getting rough in your old age.... I can hear your voice resonating..

... Philip

·
Super Moderator
25,551 Posts
You were a good teacher....;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK.. I took out each bulb separately and it still buzzed.. then I disconnected each socket separately and it still buzzed.. because I thought it could be one of the sockets.. but Not.. which leads me back to the Flasher.. Because.. When this Problem Started.. I had No Blinkers.. It never Buzzed.. I got this new part. and when the Mechanic Installed it.. IMMEDIATELY it started BUZZING.. this buzzing is something new.. Never Had that for two years. just flashers that sometimes worked and not worked.. the pigtail. the thing that the flasher gets connected too is in good shape.. so now im gonna see if I can get an original flasher... The ORIGINAL FLASHER.. the mechanic threw away... he don't have it.. and I never thought to ask about keeping it. ..Thx.. Im gonna buy a DVM.. do you have any recommendations on some kind of DVM that is inexpensive..and will check the voltage on these car parts?

·
Super Moderator
25,551 Posts
Think for a minute - if the relay (or wherever this buzzing is coming from) is only happening when the left hand blinker is being used, then it cannot be the relay at fault. The relay is a solid state switch - it doesn't know left from right. If it was going to buzz, it would buzz for everything. You advise that the hazards do not make it buzz (and yet both left and right blinkers are being used). If the buzzing is not isolated to a particular bulb or socket, then it would seem that the only other thing that this can be is the turn switch inside the combination switch on the column. A new relay will not help you.
You can probably get an inexpensive DVM at Harbor Freight or similar. Otherwise, on the internet - ebay, Amazon, etc., and it can be posted to you. Are you SURE that the buzzing is coming from the relay itself???? The relay is bolted on next to the computer, underneath the dash on the left hand side.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
"I CLEANED THE SOCKETS WITH ELECTRONIC CLEANER and the CONNECTIONS" (from post #1). I live in the rustbelt and almost every left side connection (there are a few) in the taillight cavity, including the blue trailer connection, is corroded, sometimes enough where the plastic connector is deteriorated and connections trashed. Corrosion is resistance. Just my thoughts/experience.

·
Super Moderator
25,551 Posts
"I CLEANED THE SOCKETS WITH ELECTRONIC CLEANER and the CONNECTIONS" (from post #1). I live in the rustbelt and almost every left side connection (there are a few) in the taillight cavity, including the blue trailer connection, is corroded, sometimes enough where the plastic connector is deteriorated and connections trashed. Corrosion is resistance. Just my thoughts/experience.
And it would be this resistance that can cause the drop in voltage enough to make the relay buzz. If it is the relay that is buzzing.....
However, again, IMHO, the wiring that the hazards use - and the connectors to the indicators - are the same. So, the hazards should cause the relay to buzz as well....????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts