Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to replace the long rubber grommet thing between the flare panels and the body around all four wheel arches (like in the pic below). Not sure what they're called, but if I can find out maybe I can track some down.

I'm prepping the body head to toe, front to back, and I think new grommet pieces would be well worth it - once a new lick of paint is put on I think finishing like this will make all the difference.

I also want to know how hard the flare panels are to realign? My driver side rear sits about an inch too high and doesn't align with other panelwork. Willl I need to drill out spot welds to fix this, will it be a mis-fitted flange, or can I just move the flare around on the flange a little to close the gap (drilling new holes)? I'm yet to take them off to see how they're held on (or to see why it is like it is). Panels are seemingly straight, so not sure what's going on.

Here's a pic of my problem:

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
There are two part nubers for the flares. The left/front and the right /rear are the same part. Also, the right/front and the left/rear are the same part. They will all move about 1/4" as they slide in the slots while the fasteners are loose. If you have the wrong fender on the wrong corner, it will not fit no matter how much you slide them around.

The rubber/plastic material between the fender and the body is called welting. I have never tried to hunt down replacement welting for a Zook, but you might have some luck going to folks like Hawk or Petroworks. There are also companies that specialize in restoration parts that might have something that will fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts