Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Suzuki Vitara 1996 2L 4 door. I got a 1.5 inch lift kit from "Dobinson Spring and Suspension" recently.

I am looking to buy a full set of 5 off-road tyres. Hopefully second hand because I do not want to sell my old set of road tyres and wheels. I plan to have both sets available so I can fit on the off-road tyres when I go on trips, and back to road tyres when driving on road.|

------ I currently have 215/70/16 Road Tyres 27.3 inch diameter/ on, 16 inch 5 stud 139.7mm wheels (suzuki vitara wheels = no offset)

------ I am looking for a full set of 235/75/16 All Terrain Tyres 29.9 inch diameter x 5 and, 16 inch 5 stud 139.7mm wheels x 5.
(preferably Grand vitara wheels because they have a 35 offset. I THINK they stick out about 1.5 inches more than my current wheels.

+ I know that these size wheels will be fine and wont rub so long as I run them on some 35 offset wheels. ( I have a friend who got the exact same lift kit from dobinson and fitted the above tyres and wheels. I am more or less following what he has done because his father is quite experienced and well researched about this sort of stuff.)

My questions!!

- Are Mud tyres still good for General offroad purpose?? (I have seen a few good deals on some second hand muddies online. My understanding is that they are best for mud and sand *soft surfaces* but they are worst for road driving of course.

- Lastly - Does anyone know of any good 2nd hand tyre dealerships in SYDNEY?

Just a useful link everyone should have access to. Tire size calculator

Sorry for such a large post. :)

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
MTs aren't too bad as an all round tyre if its a quality brand. If you do a lot of driving in sand then you may want to consider an AT, I understand that's a better tyre in sand (its all mud round here!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts