Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my '87 Sammie so far. Couple challenges to be expected.

I am 6'4", 215 pounds. The four point racing seats push against my bones. Gets noticeable after a couple hours. Must be size medium. I need size large.

Looking at the interior, it seems like seats would have to be custom built to allow a large person true comfort.

A lot of money was spent on the heavy duty tubing. Almost a waste without good 4 point seating. Only need one good large seat...

Anybody know of safe seats for the larger person that will fit in a Sammie?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Know of a "vice-grip" with 4' handle and 12" jaw? I could bend the sides that push into the driver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
4 point seats? Am a bit lost on what that is. I know of 4pt harnesses/racing seat belts but most seats have 4 mounting points under them. Lol
Race buckets are poly seats that curve around the driver and if the seats are tilted back 2" the weight is dispersed off your tail bone.
Suspension seats, Beard,corbeau, and various off brands usually have room for us bigger guys to be comfortable.
I'm 6' an 218 w a size 44 suit jacket for shoulder room.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright....after three days I didn't know the technical lingo.

Can a mod delete this thread? Or tell me how it is done?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The belts are RJS Racing Equipment. Can't find a name on the seats.

Placing a 72x80 moving blanket on the seat elevated me away from the pressure. Jerry rigged but it works. Plus I have a blanket for inclement weather and working underneath.

What brand is the current seat?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The belts are RJS Racing Equipment. Can't find a name on the seats.

Placing a 72x80 moving blanket on the seat elevated me away from the pressure. Jerry rigged but it works. Plus I have a blanket for inclement weather and working underneath.
Hey problem solved. The padding is gone from the butt area?
Glad you got something figured out.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Padding is there. The sides are elevated for support. Must be a size small/medium. It is OK for an hour or so....then the pressure gets bad.

At least I was able to move the seat back 3 1/2". Was a chore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Padding is there. The sides are elevated for support. Must be a size small/medium. It is OK for an hour or so....then the pressure gets bad.

At least I was able to move the seat back 3 1/2". Was a chore.
Try raising the front of the seat 2.5 to 3" an see if the pressure changes

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its like sitting in a bucket that is a bit too small. Just need a bigger bucket... someday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts