Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just bought an active sub (Pioneer TS-WX110A) to go in my 09 Swift Sport, but the power cabling has baffled me!! The blue (male) goes into the back of the blue stereo ignition dependant supply, but this yellow (male) is supposed to be connected to a constant 10A supply yet is not hooked up directly to the battery ... Does anyone know where the hell it goes?

View image: IMG 4570

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
Isn't this a question you should be asking Pioneer? Another alternative is to have the sub professionally installed.

To terminal always supplied with at least 10A of power regardless of ignition switch position
One option is a fused connection directly to the battery positive, a second is a connection to the vehicle's main power buss, downstream from the main fuse. a third is a connection to the vehicle's unswitched power buss, downstream from the fuse, a fourth is the yellow wire behind the head unit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The one thing I can tell you for sure is to never exceed your alternators output. You may want big sound - but unless you have an electrical supply that can handle it you are looking at killing your battery no matter what.

To upgrade the alternator may require serious modification.

Don't just add stuff that your wheels cannot hope to handle, it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i recently threw an active sub in my 91 swift for a laugh and it runs it the very best so dont worry about power insues.... it will be the best thing you do to your car... anyway your question.. Your blue wire goes into the back of your stereo yes.. your yellow wire then connects to a constant power supply.. you will find this behind your radio as all radios are connected to a constant power supply to store settings and time and stuff.. find where you radio's yellow wire goes and just join your amps one in with it.. job done.. very easy to do. hope this helps you..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts