Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Suzuki Samurai
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and greetings from Baton Rouge, LA. I finally landed a decent deal on a Sammy.
What I can tell you about it. It's a 1992 Samurai. 500 miles on the new 1.6L conversion motor from a Sidekick. 1" body lift. 30" BFG All terrains.
Also, the front end it sitting 1.5" higher than the rear and I do not like it.
I would like to insert some pictures of the rear leaf spring connection points and the front leaf spring connection points and if someone would kindly inform me if this Samurai has lift shackles on it or what not and how to proceed with either lowering the front 1.5 inches or raising the rear 1.5 inches to level it.
I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm researching how to upload pictures.

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
The suspension is definitely "non standard" - the front appears to have some sort of "shackle reversal" kit installed - you may notice that the shackles are at the rear of the springs, they are normally towards the front. I suspect the springs (at both ends) are aftermarket.

·
Registered
1992 Suzuki Samurai
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only suspect that this is my problem in the front.
problem is I have NO IDEA what a factory Samurai set up looks like and I don’t know the history of this one unfortunately. It’s basically a street legal ATV.
This front attachment point with the tow bar connection on front appears welded on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts