Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be trading my CRX for a pretty "built" samurai. I just wanted to tell you the mods done to it and wanted someones opinion on if they are good or not or the pros and cons of the mods done.

Suspension
-Full YJ spring swap

Engine
-4 Gsxr carbs
-header exhaust
-1.6 head on a 1.3?? not sure about that one
-cam

Drivetrain
-6.5 low gear in transfer case with mighty kong armor/mount from trail tough
-custom axle housings with sidekick thirds. guy said it had 4.11 gears but i thought sidekick gears were 5.13's?
-Lockrite up from ARB in rear
-33in tsl's.
-trail tough genV axle shafts.

I just wanted to know how good or bad this setup is and what problems i might encounter. it doesnt have power steering but it does have the crossover steering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh wait this is one of those shitty fake forums where no one knows anything... disregard my post, im going to pirate...

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Oh wait this is one of those ***** fake forums where no one knows anything... disregard my post, im going to pirate...
I used to go there... got tired of getting screwed over by folks that knew how to type but not how to wrench... it seems popular there to just search, cut and paste - without confirming (or really having any knowledge of the vehicle). And don't even try to ask a 'newby' question there... You will get flamed and told to use the 'Search' button because you should have known better.
(-'pirate' member for over 10 years)

But if you decide to come back here, Nice rig. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Oh, forgot what I was initially going to comment on.

You listed:
custom axle housings with sidekick thirds. guy said it had 4.11 gears but i thought sidekick gears were 5.13's?

The track/Kick diffs had the following gears:

So you better go back and quiz the seller as to just how 'custom' these axles are...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh wait this is one of those shitty fake forums where no one knows anything... disregard my post, im going to pirate...
1. your question was only posted for 14 minutes before you decided to insult those who could have helped you. And would have helped you but not with that attitude.

2. I have saved around $1500 bucks since I bought my Track in 10/09 because of the knowledgable people on this forum. I'm handy with tools but never worked on an engine, and they patiently walked me through all my questions and proceedures.

If you get the Zuk, I'm sure you'll love it. And you'll be back because you will undoubtedly have some sort of question and there isn't a better resource on the net than this one. Good Luck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
without this forum i can say right now i can say 100% that my engine and front diff would both be dead. an uncountable number of small things that have also been fixed due to this forum.

i suggest you read back through previous posts and see if "no one knows anything"

for starters, we can tell you the 6.5 transfer gear is horrible on the engine and fuel on highways... at 100km/h or the Mph equivalent, it'll be revving quite hard, but will be great off road.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the 1.6 head has larger ports to help it breath better. Done for the quad carb setup. Who's rig is it? What did they use it for? what are you planning on using it for?

The setup sounds awesome for offroading, but if the previous owner drove it hard on the trails you might have some breakage in your near future. If it was driven hard don't pay a lot for it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You posted this- after how long?
"Oh wait this is one of those shitty fake forums where no one knows anything... disregard my post, im going to pirate..."

You are right, this is a shitty fake forum. GO AWAY.
We don't want you here. You have the wrong attitude. After all, no one is paid to instantly answer your shitty questions.

Have a shitty day.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
lol... he hasn't grown the balls to ask it over there yet...when he does I'll see to it he's baptised properly the pirate way... I'm one of the few people that don't use the flamethrower over there but I'll make an exception for him.

Edit: uh oh.. he asked for it

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes, he did ask yesterday. No answer when I checked a few hours ago... but seems to be a few now.
Guess he is pissed no one answered him right away. How rude! :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
lol... he hasn't grown the balls to ask it over there yet...when he does I'll see to it he's baptised properly the pirate way... I'm one of the few people that don't use the flamethrower over there but I'll make an exception for him.

Edit: uh oh.. he asked for it

WOW .... pirate is being VERY tame for such a question :eek:
First Samurai - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

·
Registered
39 Posts
to Quote Baratacus from that site,

Theres a big Sticky thread at the top of the forums.

It says "READ THIS FIRST and Check In"

Its so that retards don't come in asking questions that have been answered a million times and so that people know who you are, what rig you have and what you do with it.

After you post in there. START SEARCHING and READING. All of the crap on your Fantasy Rig has been posted about adnausium over multiple threads and topics. If you have no Idea what you are buying then don't buy it. If you wan't to learn about what you are buying then do some research. Research doesn't mean asking for people to search for you and spoon feed you information.... your a big kid now, look it up.

I blew coffee through my nose when I read that.. Your Awesome!!:sunce:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Gave him a standard pirate response.. so far he hasn't gotten any information that wasn't posted here first, and he's gotten some missinformation already. The 4.11 set was in stock yota's and there's a 4.11 set for dana's but they did not come stock in track/kicks

Edit: Don't expect me to start posting like that over here Walkerskyranch, when people ask a question over here I'm more than willing to help find answers. It torques me off when they bash this place and insult the knowledgeable and helpfull members we've got.
p.s. I hope the coffee stains come out of your mouse pad. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Edit: Don't expect me to start posting like that over here Walkerskyranch, when people ask a question over here I'm more than willing to help find answers. It torques me off when they bash this place and insult the knowledgeable and helpfull members we've got.
p.s. I hope the coffee stains come out of your mouse pad. ;)
Yep, I know, you have been more then helpful in my tech needs, and have gone way beyond what I was expecting.. Your response to him was spot on, and mouse pads can be replaced!! good on ya!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts