Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking awhile and gathering information. I have been searching for a Samurai for about 5 years. I found one that caught my attention and was the right price. Brought it home yesterday. 1987 with a SPOA lift and 31" tires and mag wheels. Has a new Weber carb installed. Custom front bumper with winch. I have been reading about the common problems with this vehicle and I have a one of them to deal with. There is a leak around the distributor.
The engine smokes at startup so I will be rebuilding the engine in the future. I have rebuilt three different vehicles in the past and everyone is different. This is my first Samurai....so I expect this one to have challenges also. I will have questions time to time. Looking forward to the exchange of ideas.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
very cool. At least your dizzy leak is an easy fix. If you've rebuilt vehicles in the past you will be really pleased with how easy the samurai is to work on. 90% of any complexity to the rig is in the carburetor. Since you don't have the stock carb and vacuum hose nightmare to deal with that will really simplify things for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts