Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was a long battle, but worth the time an money. purchased my Sammy in January this year. Come to find out it had a Webbar carb and all the smog stuff was missing. Couldn't go back to the original owner for that because he lived in the hood and i figured i was on my own. First stop was Petroworks, What a great bunch of guys and very old school. they put her all back to stock and still I had many issues, no cat, no money, etc. finally after 9 months, it registered and passed smog with flying colors. Now it's time to fix her up. Looking to lift her 2 - 3" any ideas? its my wifes play toy when at the desert so don't want to get too aggressive. and then BFG 235/75/r16 for the tires. Just this weekend I manufatured a bar to mount the CB radio on the ceiling. Nice to have some decent tools and the basic know how.

OMG, changed the tranny and t-case oil last weekend. didn't look like it's ever been changed, EVER! smelled like burned oil really bad. Even the wife noticed an unfirmilair smell comming from the garage. The tranny that needs to be rebuilt actaully is quiter now, maybe I'll get a full seaon out of it. Now the front/rear pumpkins, bet oil never change ther either.

Oh, my sister had an original 85 Sammy and had a custom plat on it, well I just checked DMV and come to find out that exact plate is still available. So I ordered it. Too funny, I'll have my sisters custom plate from 1985.

all in all
87 Tin Top $2000 (really good shape)
Tags $100
So Cal Ins $85 yr
Petroworks $800+
Cat Conv $300
test only station $60
Retest $10
Gear Oil $25
misc crap $100

·
Registered
149 Posts
GOOD JOB !!
Way to stick with it and make it happen. Some would have given up and given it a green sticker and been done.

Petroworks is good people. Lucky for me they are close enough to use when I need them but far enough away I can't just drive by for fun.
Everytime I am down there I find myself "needing" something :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts