Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read somewhere you can just fill the transmission fluid through the shifter knob? Is this true?

And what are you guys running? 75w90?

Thanks!

·
Registered
491 Posts
No need for a pump... make yourself a diff bong.... get a large capacity funnel and a long piece of vinyl tubing. hire a helper to hold the funnel and pour in the fluid while you hold the other end of the tube in the filler hole. Go one quart at a time and have a CLEAN drain pan under the trans to catch any fluid that drips out.

The diff bong is traditionally used on differentials but can be used on anything you need to put fluid in under the vehicle. Traditionally constructed on the trail when one needs to break into their differential for repairs.

Another variation I saw on Gearz was using an enema bottle you get from a drug store. Looks like the rubber thing mom used to put hot water in and give someone with a stomach ache but has a long piece of tube sticking out of it. Fill with tranny fluid and away you go.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I usually just pulled the shifter and the top filler plug.
Using a long funnel, I just added through the shifter opening until a helper reported the oil coming out of the fill plug hole. Fast and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts