Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just a few quick questions hopefully someone here can give me and answer!!

First I have fuel gauge problem, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And when it does work I think it's showing the wrong reading anyway. I've been told it might be fuel sensor connectors or something? Any ideas what I can try??

Also it's been starting fine lately. Sometimes I turn the key and it takes a while to fire up but always starts. Earlier I was turning the key and nothing. No click. Dash lit up but didn't turn over? I waited a few mins then it worked fine? Ideas?

·
Registered
686 Posts
For the starting you might search the "clicky starter fix" and see if this is consistent with what your experiencing, also check the battery terminals, ground strap and connections to starter to make sure everything is perfectly clean and tight.

I'm no electrical pro but I would say the same for the terminals at the sending unit. Someone else might know the ohm range of the sender and tell you the best way to check it to RO the gauge to see if the sending unit has an intermittent issue or if it's something between. In my experience sending units wear out and do as you describe.

It might help to know the specifics of your vehicle and where you are to get guidance on how to troubleshoot and remedy things like this.

·
Registered
686 Posts
AWESOME, I get to be RIGHT!!! :D

BTW, welcome to the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts