Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im getting some bushwacker tj style fender flares for my sammie, im running stock axels, no wheel spacers and 9" wide wheels with 3.5 backspacing and 33 12.50 tires, i dont want to have my fender flares stick out farther than my tire though, should i go with the 4.75" or 6" flares, i want it to line up somewhat correctly if at all possible

·
Registered
149 Posts
Measure out from the samurai body and see where that puts you at. If you can't visualize where the edge of the tire is then hang a piece of string from the tape measure and see where it hits the tire below.
OR... use a large straight edge and put it standing upright against the tire and measure from the straight edge over to the Samurai body.

I was in the same boat with wanting a little bit more tire coverage but yet still have my tires sticking out abit farther than the flare.
I ended up going with the Mudbuster Fender Flares that are made for the Samurai. They were spot on for me and used the factory attachment points.

The MudBuster Flares are a tapered flare but at the top they stick out about 5.5". I am running 31 x 12.50 tires on 10" wheels with 2.5" of backspacing and my tires still sticks out about 2".

Personally I would want extra tire sticking out vs extra flare hanging over, so I would go for the 4.75" flare... but if my math is somewhat close the 6" flare should be right close to the edge of the tire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts