Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! New to the Sami contingent... long time jeep guy trying to make some new ties to the horse of a different color... and design! anyone else on here from East Coast, USA? How about New England/Vermont? Trying to see who else might be on here in the area or any clubs for Sami's there might be in New England! Hope to meet you nuts all soon! :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
another right hand coast guy, but sorry down in TN, miht as well be out west :)

there are a couple other boards that are a little more lively for making direct contact with "locals"

congrats on the pruchase. have fun watching people with more money in their ig try and keep up with ya

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually....

actually you know what... i'm on the fence to saying a Samurai SUCKS. Being on the East Coast here particularly at least... NO ONE knows anything about them, NO ONE can get parts to you in less than 2 weeks. The '92 is fuel injected. It would start and then immediately die. Fuel filters are $25 and would take over a week to get here so changed that to a simple clamp in place inline filter. no fix. I chased out every sensor, found a burnt out one, replaced it and got it driveable but not road worthy. engine codes clear. Have had it at a pretty reputiable garage for the last three weeks with these guys not being able to come up with anything. but they did find three wires that had melted togetherthankfully i was able to connect with a guy off craigslist thats an hour and a half away that is a sami fanatic and i'm trailering it there tonight with it being out of commission now for two out of the three months ive had it. i cant wait to get back into a jeep that i'm familiar with. sorry to sound like a crappy pants...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweetnesss...

at least i figured it out... fried the computer, was afraid of that... anyone got leads on 1.3L ecu's? no body around up here seems to have anything...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the connection. great guys to speak with... hopefully that is whats wrong. otherwise... yeah nothing on the east coast for sami stuff it seems like. thanks again!

·
Registered
201 Posts
another thing to look at after ECU replaced, is look at the igniter. something that is generally located with in the distributor cap in a carb'd, but our wonderful fuel injected one have these located external and, stupid little thing is expensive.

mine is sitting waiting for it at the moment. best of luck with everything, let us know what ya fiqure out

·
Registered
52 Posts
well if the fuel injection doesnt work. try a carb. i've got mine for 5 years now and it hasnt given me any problems. except when my airfilter got dirty. just had to clean it then of i go. but it eats gas like nothing. especially running it on the highway with crawler gears

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"eats gas like nothing" huh? that means it doesnt use much or cant pass a gas station without stopping? the carb... that is an alternative. not a preferred one. we'll see what happens monday-wednesday from petroworks if the ECU is shot or not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well actually i meant it eats more gas.....well you can jet it to your preference but i prefer power so it consumes more gas.....

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Yup, yup, and no stalling at any angle.
Here is the installation article using the Petroworks version.
PW CV Carb

Zuks Off Road has their own version, and I still owe them an article on it. But the idea is sound and it screams!

Word of warning - It is not just an adaptor bolted on a stock manifold. Both companies start with a stock manifold and then machine a new throat into it for better angle. So you have to use their manifold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts