Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just got back on Sunday from a 500 mile trip in my wife’s 2008 xl7. It had zero issues. Until Monday that is the car over heated blew coolant everywhere. (Burnt my wife’s arm cuz the cap blew off the when she bumped it). And went into safe mode p1258. Well we let it cool down and refilled the coolant with distilled water and and drove it home about 6 miles did fine. Never got above operating temp. Now since this happened I haven’t heard the fans come one once (always heard them running before). So I changed the temp sensor and the fan relay and still nothing. But the car keeps getting hot while sitting in traffic. I need help this is my wife’s main transportation. Please and thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
12,571 Posts
Checked the fuse yet? Checked the fans themselves to verify they are functional?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after doing a bunch of reading on here I’ve determined it’s the fans. I haven’t been able to get the main fan to kick on but I got the condenser fan working by tapping on it with a hammer. So as soon as I get paid it’s getting new fans.

·
Super Moderator
17,898 Posts
Check the fan harness plug-in connection as well. They are known to develop poor electrical contact within, heat up, melt, and render one with an open circuit in some models.

High amp load with a marginally successful design of wire size and connection interface there. :(

Hot-wiring to remove (thus by-pass) the connector has been achieved to correct the issue by some. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts