Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all have an issue with the thermo fan on my Alto, I have hot wired the fan and it runs fine so must have an issue in the wiring. Has anyone got a wiring diagram or any advice on where to start??? A manual would be excellent but maybe Im wishing for too much....lol

Appreciate any assistance

·
Registered
7 Posts
May I ask....what is the actual problem you have with the fan....noisy when cutting in to cool engine, not cutting in at all ......maybe causing engine to overheat at idle/low speed
How have you "hot wired " the fan ?

This is the fault procedure for determining either
a) faulty fan (on /off) temp switch OR b) wiring/connection/relay/ fault
1.) Ensure Ignition is OFF
2. Remove both wires from the fan temp on/off sw located somewhere screwed into the radiator
3.) Join the disconnected wires together....ENSURE THEY ARE INSULATED FROM THE VEHICLE BODY
4.) Turn the Ignition ON...no need to start the engine....if the fan "runs" your fault is with the Fan (on/off) temp switch located in the radiator. If this is the case, renew the SWITCH !! If the fan does NOT run ....check the fuse for that circuit, the lid of the fuse box may tell you which fuse it is (or maynot !!) If fuse is AOK...you defo have a wiring/connector/relay/ problem ....too lengthy further to explain here.
Hopefully, its the electrical temp control on/of switch in radiator....depending on your awaited original symptoms !
Best of luck
Please report back !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts