Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the switch is turned on the aircondition clutch wont ingage . I have replaced the relay located below the glove compartment ,but that did not help . I can wire around the relay and git the clutch to work. The aircondition will cool

Any suggestions

John Hancock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air condition

There is power to the relay that is where i wire around it to get the clutch to wor ,but not the fane.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had to replace on of the micro switches behind the climate control panel. The plastic housing broke, and the switch was disintegrated.
It was the one that controls where the air is output. eg. footwell, or dash vents.

·
Banned
329 Posts
If the AC system is low on refrigerant, then the high pressure/low pressure switch won't allow the compressor to operate, so it won't destroy the compressor. That could be the problem. Or it could be a switch or wiring or relay issue.
We can't really tell you what the issue is, just give you suggestions on what it might be, and you'll have to troubleshoot to isolate the problem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If the AC system is low on refrigerant, then the high pressure/low pressure switch won't allow the compressor to operate, so it won't destroy the compressor. That could be the problem. Or it could be a switch or wiring or relay issue.
That is Exactly what just happened on my pickup..... the compressor would not come on. fixed the leak, charged it up and it works fine now (knock on wood)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just a thought and I'm sure you have done this. But my ac system won't turn on until I put it in the recirculate. If its on fresh air the ac won't engage the clutch. I didn't realize until I read the ac manual.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just a thought and I'm sure you have done this. But my ac system won't turn on until I put it in the recirculate. If its on fresh air the ac won't engage the clutch. I didn't realize until I read the ac manual.
Yup, I forgot to mention that. It was the recirc switch that I replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts