Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 2020 "Facelift" model available in the UK yet, Suzuki's website is still showing the old/current model ?

·
Registered
486 Posts
No - not as far as I am aware. They'll be running down all stocks of the old one first. I'm having my car serviced on Monday so I'll ask them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will also be interested in what you find out, gloucester: thank you for offering to share. I emailed Suzuki Customer Services about this in late May, because back in March, when they announced the refresh, they were predicting an April on-sale date. SCS told me that they couldn't launch any new cars at that time (although I should point out that other manufacturers were), which I thought was a fair enough stance in the circumstances, however a few days later they released the Swift Sport update, so I was a bit puzzled.

They have also effectively raised the price of the current model Ignis by allowing the £1000-off offer to expire. This isn't the way 'old stock' is traditionally cleared, in my experience, but that's probably why they're sitting there and I'm sitting here!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I bought my Ignis two years ago - then it cost £12,500 (excluding the £650 paint). Now it costs £15,749 an increase of 26% WAY ABOVE the rate of inflation !!!!! Mine would be £16,399 now. The specification is I believe completely unchanged (until the facelift arrives).

I could get a pre-reg Qashqai for not much more:

2020 Nissan Qashqai - 1.5 Dci [115] Acenta 5dr - £16,500

Or £12,834 would get me a 2019 pre-reg Micra:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will also be interested in what you find out, gloucester: thank you for offering to share. I emailed Suzuki Customer Services about this in late May, because back in March, when they announced the refresh, they were predicting an April on-sale date. SCS told me that they couldn't launch any new cars at that time (although I should point out that other manufacturers were), which I thought was a fair enough stance in the circumstances, however a few days later they released the Swift Sport update, so I was a bit puzzled.

They have also effectively raised the price of the current model Ignis by allowing the £1000-off offer to expire. This isn't the way 'old stock' is traditionally cleared, in my experience, but that's probably why they're sitting there and I'm sitting here!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May have a little more clarity on this now. A local dealer was keen to do a deal where I was going to put my wife's Ignis and my Mini in for a new Ignis SZ5. During the negotiation, I said that I took the deal to be for the "Facelift" model and would you believe the dealer immediately became less keen. I rang and emailed Suzuki Customer Services who were totally useless saying in both mediums that they had no knowledge of the "Facelift" availability dates. I called another dealer who told me that they would have the new model available from August and possibly a couple of weeks earlier. This raised a couple of issues for me, Firstly whilst the initial dealer was under no obligation to point out that we were talking about a model due to be superseded in a couple of weeks the fact that he did not and as a result, he has lost any further business from me. The other question for me is this reply from SCS evasive or just incompetent.

Dear Geoff
Thank you for your recent email to Suzuki GB.

Regrettably we are not privy to upcoming models, release dates and prices here at Customer Services.

If you would like to speak with someone in more detail about your requirement’s please contact the sales team at your Local Authorised Suzuki Dealership.

You can find your nearest Authorised Suzuki Dealership via the following link Find a Car Dealer Near Me | Suzuki Cars Dealerships UK

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require anything further in the future on 08085 011959, option 3.
Kind regards
XXXXX
Customer Service Executive
Suzuki GB PLC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my Ignis two years ago - then it cost £12,500 (excluding the £650 paint). Now it costs £15,749 an increase of 26% WAY ABOVE the rate of inflation !!!!! Mine would be £16,399 now. The specification is I believe completely unchanged (until the facelift arrives).

I could get a pre-reg Qashqai for not much more:

2020 Nissan Qashqai - 1.5 Dci [115] Acenta 5dr - £16,500

Or £12,834 would get me a 2019 pre-reg Micra:

Your comment is very helpful indeed. I was charging ahead convinced that as we now only require one car I was going to get shot of both the Mini and Ignis for a new SZ5. The rot started when I really started to progress the idea and became disillusioned with Suzuki themselves and also the dealership that I was talking to at the time. When I read your comments it triggered a "light bulb" moment. Now excellent vehicle that the Ignis is it ain't worth £16.5k especially when I already own an A1 condition, 18-month-old, 9,000 mile, SZ-T in red and black for which I paid £10k a year ago. Now taking into account that the motor trade in the UK is going to undergo huge changes over the next year or two thanks to the legacy of the lurgy then Suzuki are not going to be selling me anything any time soon. That's one of the great benefits of forums like this, they can and do inject a bit of objectivity when the blinkers are well and truly on.

Geoff.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Would you trust anyone who didn't use an apostrophe correctly?

"If you would like to speak with someone in more detail about your requirement’s please contact the sales team at your Local Authorised Suzuki Dealership."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
So................

My car was serviced very efficiently today. Less than 90 minutes. Cost covered by Suzuki service plan but would have been £328 according to Suzuki's website!!! (The next closest dealer would have been only £208)

Charles is furloughed so someone else responded to my queries:

• Facelift Ignis available in the UK late August.
  • It won't run on battery alone.
  • The new larger battery is 48V ( - so no chance then of a retrofit...)
  • Pricing unknown - but when I said my car had gone up 26% in two years, he said there's £2000 off the current model - something that wasn't seen on the Suzuki website when I last looked and not on as I type...
(They're really expensive for servicing, hence the reason I have a three-year service plan from Suzuki UK rather than their own:

suzukiserviceplans.JPG
)

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
damn, i'm in the wrong country, how do they justify those costs? $300 here for a full service on a Grand Vitara, and between $180 and $220 for a Swift including WOF oil filter and 40 point safety check.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So................

My car was serviced very efficiently today. Less than 90 minutes. Cost covered by Suzuki service plan but would have been £328 according to Suzuki's website!!! (The next closest dealer would have been only £208)

Charles is furloughed so someone else responded to my queries:

• Facelift Ignis available in the UK late August.
  • It won't run on battery alone.
  • The new larger battery is 48V ( - so no chance then of a retrofit...)
  • Pricing unknown - but when I said my car had gone up 26% in two years, he said there's £2000 off the current model - something that wasn't seen on the Suzuki website when I last looked and not on as I type...
(They're really expensive for servicing, hence the reason I have a three-year service plan from Suzuki UK rather than their own:

View attachment 96827 )
Which service did you have - miles / time interval?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Reportedly available with the CVT in Ireland! EDIT - UK too - see #18

Yes - a "5-speed) CVT is now the auto variant.

And it comes in metallic YELLOW !!!

Interior rather dour though now it's all black :(

·
Registered
866 Posts
It's SO cheap over there!
At the cost of no local car builders here anymore. We used to have 6 majors here. We have been sold-out by the previous elected clowns running the country starting in the 1970s in cohorts with the UN. No or very little Import Tarifs for import cars to Aus.

The other factor is competition and the fact the Ignis is only really loved by little old ladies right from it's debut in Aus. The Sport is the only real popular one of the lot with "boy racers", but little old ladies didn't want a scary fast "sports" car. Basically not many sold here.

I really love the original Ignis for it's economy, durable engine and interior space. A mid sized washing machine can be transported in the back.

Does anyone have the Sales Numbers for different countries to compare? That might shine a light on why the price difference?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts