Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could the owners of GV 2006+ with F9Q diesel engine please specify the vehicle production year and exact model code of the engine (as written on the engine itself). It seems that from the facelift (or thereabouts) Suzuki has done some tweaking on F9Q engine to improve the fuel consumption, and I am trying to see is there an easy way to distinguish the engine models based on their code. Somehow I have a feeling I've got a facelift model but with "old" engine... I might be wrong, of course.

Anyway, my GV is a facelift, bought early 2010 (produced probably in 2009), and engine code is F9QB266C05xxx.

BTW, is there any easy way from the chassis or engine number (or any other way) to distinguish the exact build year (even week if possible)?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Could the owners of GV 2006+ with F9Q diesel engine please specify the vehicle production year and exact model code of the engine (as written on the engine itself). It seems that from the facelift (or thereabouts) Suzuki has done some tweaking on F9Q engine to improve the fuel consumption, and I am trying to see is there an easy way to distinguish the engine models based on their code. Somehow I have a feeling I've got a facelift model but with "old" engine... I might be wrong, of course.

Anyway, my GV is a facelift, bought early 2010 (produced probably in 2009), and engine code is F9QB266C05xxx.

BTW, is there any easy way from the chassis or engine number (or any other way) to distinguish the exact build year (even week if possible)?
I think some of that information is country dependent.

For instance, my V6 has a blue compliance plate which is Australia specific. This plate list the actual built month and year, and some other stuff.

I'm sure that this information can be derived from the VIN number.

Did you try google "Vin decoder"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a hunch that Suzuki is not strictly following the VIN, as every decoder on web is saying my VIN is wrong. And the car is bought brand new, from official Suzuki dealer here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks latif. Registred on site, and tried that as well, but getting
"No data for this car" :(

So, once again please, owners of GV F9Q please post your engine number code and build year.

EDIT: Looking into engine of my GV, on several places and modules I have found markings indicating engine production year 2008. How is this possible? Facelift model bought in 2010 (in sales contract with official Suzuki dealer written "Production year: 2010", but engine seems from 2008? Also, the windscreen seems to be from 2008 (written "..8" in last row), as well as tyres (found "dot<>008" marking on all tyres). Is this normal? Should I go to Suzuki dealer and push them for explanation? What would you do?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Thanks latif. Registred on site, and tried that as well, but getting
"No data for this car" :(

So, once again please, owners of GV F9Q please post your engine number code and build year.

EDIT: Looking into engine of my GV, on several places and modules I have found markings indicating engine production year 2008. How is this possible? Facelift model bought in 2010 (in sales contract with official Suzuki dealer written "Production year: 2010", but engine seems from 2008? Also, the windscreen seems to be from 2008 (written "..8" in last row), as well as tyres (found "dot<>008" marking on all tyres). Is this normal? Should I go to Suzuki dealer and push them for explanation? What would you do?
On my 06, all the things that I have had apart so far has been date stamped to a date no older than one or two month away from my "production" date. I would assume that moving along time, some items are manufactured more and others less close to the actual built. If your car is a 2010, I find it surprising that the engine would be a 2008, that is a long time between. However, since it is not a Suzuki specific engine, I'm not surprised. Is it built by Renault you know... You never know what the French is up to....

·
Registered
28 Posts

As the engine is a Renault and seems to be fitted to lots of vehicles including Opel/Vauxhall vans, (remember this when buying oil filters!!) I would expect any Suzuki tweaks to be in the engine electronics. This would not show up on the engine number. Just a thought?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are probably right. Anyway, checked also one other 2010 GV DDiS in showroom, and has the same F9QB266Cxxxxx engine, as well as engine dated from 2008.

So it seems that Suzuki sourced the F9Q engine in big "batches", last one in 2008, or is it? Now on lookout for existance of any 2010 GV DDiS with engine dated 2009/2010...

P.S. F9Q but besides in many Renault models, it is also built into some Nissan's, Volvo S40, Mitsubishi Charisma, Opel Vivaro/Movano, etc...

BTW, does anyone know the exact version of F9Q in GV? I see there exist F9Q 722/731/736/744/770/780/790 etc.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I recall someone posting here a year or more ago, that his "new" GV had aspects that made him wonder if it was being sold as a year newer than it acutally was.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For what it's worth mine is F9QB-0287XX and UK market, probably built mid-late 2009 and registered 2010.

In the UK we dont interest ourselves if a vehicle is built from parts not dated same as registration year date: as long as the manufacturer's warranty remains in full force, who cares?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pls, check in the engine bay itself, for some stickers with dates... On my engine I have found them on two places, one very easy to find, and the other one very well "hidden", both from 2nd half of 2008.

Reason is that facelift diesel GV should come with "tweaked" engine with around 10% lower fuel consumption... so same engine and engine parts, but tweaked software.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts