Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here on the forum. I have a problem with my suzuki every. It is a F6A DOHC non-turbo. I recently overhauled the engine due to excessive smoke. I have changed new pistons, new rings, new valve seals and new gaskets. After it was put back together everything is fine, the smoke has disappeared, engine is smooth except that the engine sound is louder than when it was before when idle. From my observation I am pretty sure its the valves ticking. The sound is just a ticking sound from the valves, so my best guess is that the valve clearance is not set right. My mechanic is just not really an expert on this matter. Does anybody know the correct valve clearances for intake and exhaust on a F6A engine?

·
Registered
32 Posts
try to see it on cylinder head cover or on intake & exhuast manifold

try to see it on cylinder head cover or on intake & exhuast manifold usualy i observe in many engines there valve clearance are written on under the cylinder head cover or also called valve cover, or in intake manifold & exhuast

·
Registered
5 Posts
where to find and adjust air intake

good evening to all, i have this van which they called it as latest suzuki van and i believed its a suzuki every 1999. The van has a short nose. My problem is, i noticed irritating smell from the exhaust, i dont know what engine number or engine type. There is no air mixture adjustment. Please if anyone has this, btw its an automatic 12cc. using ac cost me 10km~11km/liter and about 14km/liter without ac running 50~50 city driving (small traffic)

Thank You.
I am new here and glad to have joined.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi virtualfx, would you mind if i'll ask where did you buy your van and how much? i am really interested to buy the same model.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Valve clearence

Greetings! The book says
1.Remove cylinder head valve cover.
2. Rotate crankshaft to TDC . Remover distributor cap and verify rotor button is faceing #1 cylinder.
3. Using chart below, use feeler gage to slip between the adjustment screw and valve stem. Set to speck listed below

cold IN 0.08 EX 0.10 mm
HOT in 0.12 EX 0.12 mm
hope this helps:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings! The book says
1.Remove cylinder head valve cover.
2. Rotate crankshaft to TDC . Remover distributor cap and verify rotor button is faceing #1 cylinder.
3. Using chart below, use feeler gage to slip between the adjustment screw and valve stem. Set to speck listed below

cold IN 0.08 EX 0.10 mm
HOT in 0.12 EX 0.12 mm
hope this helps:D
I'd go a bit more on the exhaust....a ticking exhaust valve, is a happy exhaust valve! I'll set mine cold, at .006" (about .15mm) Exhaust clearance will gradually go down, and if that valve isn't hitting the seat to cool it, it WILL burn.
I worked on air cooled 1st generation VW Beetles for years, burned valves aren't pretty! And, can break off, causing catastrophic damage.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I worked on F4C,D,&E modles for 7 years, But thats a fighter jet, but it has as much relivence as a air cooled German VW has to a water cooled Japanese F6A!
Go with the book when in dought!:lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I worked on F4C,D,&E modles for 7 years, But thats a fighter jet, but it has as much relivence as a air cooled German VW has to a water cooled Japanese F6A!
Go with the book when in dought!:lol:
As you wish, I merely said what "I" would do. I doubt .002" is gonna' make it any noisier, but it sure will make a difference if the exhaust valve starts losing clearance.

An exhaust valve can burn, whether it's air, or water cooled, AND, whether it started life in Germany, or Japan. There is NO lack of relevance.:rolleyes:
The valves still cool by contact with the seat.

BTW, How many exhaust valves does a Fighter Jet have? None! :p Judging by your response, I'm guessing the only work you did on fighter jets, was washing 'em, and maybe refueling.

And, if you can't spell models, or doubt, who the hell would let you work on ANYTHING!:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just want to hear some thoughts you guys. I bought by zuki and they recommended unleaded fuel should be used, but as of my experience before I never had tried using unleaded, But lately since I was not very satisfied with the condition of my ride with regards to engine I had several testing of different fuels like regular, special and unleaded and I found out that more comfort in using unleaded (caltex silver) fuel. And I heard from a friend that setting valve clearance may also vary of what fuel are you prepared to used. Is it true?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts