Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know if the cylinder head from the twincam f6a turbo (from the Capuccino) would fit on the slant f6a block (from the Carry)? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
what happened to this inquiry? does anybody had an idea on this one?
this would be a very good input... =)
but what if it does fit in on a slant F6a block on a turbo head of cappuccino, would you put in the head? how are you going to lubricate the turbocharger, since it needs enough oil to lubricate the turbine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The answer is, yes, the block is the same. However, there are a few things that one would run into.

The easiest way to attack this would be not only to have the head, but to have access to other parts of the vehicle which may differ. Items such as air cleaner, oil pan, and radiator may be different. If the head came off a fuel injected vehicle, the entire fuel injection system may be needed.

The first thing to consider is, turbos generate a lot of heat. You must have oil lines and coolant lines to it. This is not a great problem. But, I would highly recommend the biggest radiator possible, and also an additional oil cooler. Plan on higher maintenance, change the oil every 5000 km or so.

For the average mechanic to try this, I would say "don't". There is bound to be a multitude of little things that will all take time and money to complete. Better to buy the entire turbo vehicle, and swap out the complete engine.

Larry

·
Registered
85 Posts
larry's right, its more practical to have the complete engine swapped. hehehehe
its just good to know that the same block are being used.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil lines to and from the turbo are easy, it's the coolant lines that are hard to install. I want to use the head because it is a 12 valve twin cam design, not like our Carry's 12 valve single cam head.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Simply use the heater hose circuit for the coolant lines, this is where many OEMs tap into. Wherever you tap into, you must have circulation, so it must come off the water pump somehow.

Larry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The turbo will have two ports for oil, one for the pressure line and one for the return line. The easiest pressure port is where the oil sender switch is. Remove the oil sender, install a "T", and run one of the lines to the turbo. The return line needs to run back into the engine crankcase. Most manufacturers have a special oil pan for turbo vehicles with a hole for this purpose.

Larry.

·
Registered
85 Posts
how about you bore a hole in the OEM oil pan? is it OK?
i've seen a civic's B18 using a procharger supercharger to have the return line bore in the standard oilpan. is this also possible?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it true that the F6A DOHC Turbo from the cappuccino has 5 valves per cylinder? I saw a forum a while back and there was this post there claiming that cappuccinos have 15 valves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts