Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my suzuki minivan. When i drove the car around the speed of 55-60kPH i could felt a very strong vibration under my seat and will not stop until i slow down the car around 30-35kPH. What could be the cause of this viration? I suspect it to be the propeller shaft it could be misalign, unbalance or it's not the right propeller for my minivan. Also it would be appreciated if someone could share some picture of the propeller shaft used on there minivan so that we can compare if the one installed on my car is right one.

BTW: I already remove the propeller shaft and the car runs very good with-out any vibration. But i still want to used the 4 wheel drive connection to my car.

I attach some picture for reference.:mellow:

Suzuki car spec:
F6A 660cc rear engine
Turbo
Full time all wheel drive.
Manual transmission

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Jadd;
This is what I do in cases like this. Lift all 4 wheels off the ground with hoist or on 4 jack stands. Have someone in the car to run it up the speed when you feel the vibration while you are under the car observing. I almost always find the issue this way.
Could be many things, from bent shaft to faulty U-joints or even bearings . So that is hard to say. But your chances are good you will see/feel the problem when it is under somewhat of a live load. Sometimes it helps to have your helper apply a very slight pressure to the brakes to force more load to the driveline components.

Just PLEASE do be VERY careful under there with all the spinning shafts/wheels etc.. Okay ?? No loose clothes anything like that. Just saying. :)
Also if you use jack stands, please make sure there is no way they could slip/shake off. You are going to be spinning it up to road speeds... Use you head, no one gets hurt.

Take care

·
Registered
56 Posts
HI Jadd, correct me if I'm wrong sir, are you using minivan with rear engine type? as what i understand with 4WD system you have to engage it only occasionally at low speed but not in cruising the highway. Maybe you are running @ 55 - 60 kph with your 4WD switch is in "On" position thats the reason why your propeller shaft keeps on running also. Switching the 4WD on this position is not beneficial at all cause the system is still in 2WD mode with the propeller shaft is also turning. (4WD system in minivan is to engage the switch for the shaft and another switch to lock the front defferential for all the wheel to work.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts