Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm a newbie and briefly I just owned a suzuki bravo with f10a engine and FB van type body from my office. it was 2006 model, with 23K odo but still works good. my only concern is how to improve its gas consumption, presently it is consuming 6KM/L mixed driving. PMS was already performed by a good mechanic but consumption is the same. One mechanic advise me to replace the carb with an f6 carb but I'm still looking for advise if this will work and if there is other alternative. Conversion from f10 carb to f6 carb will cost me 10K pesos here in the Phils using a surplus carb.

Hoping you can give me light on this matter. TIA. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
6Km/litre (16.67 litres/100km) for a vehicle with a 1 litre engine is excessive, I suggest rather than swapping a different, smaller carb in, find the problem is and fix it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sir :) I know that sir that's why I talked to different mechanics to find the problem of this excessive gas consumption but they all give the same reply that the engine is working good and they can't do anything about the carb. I even suggested for them to replace the jetting but they said it will do no good and even worsen the running condition of the engine. Any idea what to fix sir besides replacing the carb to a F6?

Thank you very much. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
I have no experience with either the F6 or F10 engines and have not driven a Bravo (we know them as Carry vans) in almost twenty years, but, to be burning that much fuel because of the carb the engine would have to be running extremely rich, with all the usual tell tale signs, black smoke, sooty plugs, etc. - the engine can not be running that rich and "working good" - there has to be another cause - dragging brakes, slipping clutch, incorrect gearing, underinflated tires, oversized tires, something else is wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts