Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 GV3 and am looking at different options for carrying more petrol. Jerry Cans are simple but where do you store them. Inside the back of the vehicle, whilst allowed in Australia when appropriately secured, does not seem a good idea as I have previously found Jerry Cans to be smelly and take up quite a bit of space.
Roof rack just doesn't seem like a good idea either - weight of single full steel Jerry can is about 25Kg - 28Kg plus mounting frame. This will tend to make the car top heavy and use extra fuel due to wind resistance.
Has anyone with a late model Grand Vitara been able to source a swing away spare wheel carrier and Jerry can holder bumper bar replacement - ideally one which also moves the tow hitch up higher than the standard position?
I have not seen any advertised for the Suzuki GV by the usual TJM, ARB, etc suppliers.
I expect they will be expensive but should provide a much better solution.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Piranha offroad (seriously suzi) do one for 4k. I have a custom towbar fabbed up by a custom shop to get it to sit higher after I destroyed the bum at ngarla rocks on fraser. In my 3 door I had 3x10 litre jerrys on the roof. Sat low and nice. I intend to through the same up in this car when needed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts