Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there running this lift kit?

Jimnybits: 2"/50mm Lift. £334 – Consists of Pro Comps ES1000 rear shocks, upgraded rear springs, 50mm solid steel billet front strut spacers New Grand Vitara 50mm / 2" Pro Comp Lift Kit - Grand Vitara (06-15) - JIMNYBITS

Looks like it's $500 shipped to US. The other kits I'm looking at are the Rock Road, which is $315 shipped, and an ebay lift + Pro Comp MX6053 shocks which is $370. So for $250~ extra I'd get upgraded rear springs. I've thoroughly searched the forum and can't find anyone running this lift. If you're out there, let me know how the ride feels, I'm concerned the rear might be overly stiff for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, I'm gonna guess nobody has run them, because I wasn't able to find anyone either. So, any guesses as to what those rear springs might feel like? I know the IronMan springs are a lot stiffer ride. Safe to assume these would be too?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Alright, I'm gonna guess nobody has run them, because I wasn't able to find anyone either. So, any guesses as to what those rear springs might feel like? I know the IronMan springs are a lot stiffer ride. Safe to assume these would be too?
I'd like to think they won't be as stiff because you keep the same front strut and spring, but I cannot comment for the rear.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The rear springs will be stiffer. But, I find the front springs worse than the rear. I looked at this lift and damn near bought it, but due to NZ laws it is illegal unless certified by an engineer and so it was cheaper to go ironman in the end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jimmy lift - yes, got it,

This might be a bit late but I fitted this to my 2008 five door earlier this year. No problems. Should have fitted new shock bushes to the rear at the same. Also fitted Michelin Latitude 225/70 x 17s and wheel spacers. Great ground cleanse and it corners like an Audi Quattro so no complaints.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Pics would be great! I'd love to see what a GV with this lift installed looks like. Is it saggy in the rear at all?
I'm also running 225/70r17, Bridgestone Dueler D697 AT. Little more aggressive. Great size tyre, and yeah mine handles well too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.