Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No its not a Suzuki, but as requested I'll show you guys whats happening with my Lexus IS300 project! (these posts are cut and paste from my Lexus forum)

Next piece has arrived :) Titan adjustable cam gear.

And the teardown has begun:

The project should gain some momentum now...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fresh timing belt, tensioner, water pump, etc. Titan cam gear installed:

Precision 3.5" core intercooler mounted with a little chopping/hammering here and there:

Manifold wastegate flange had to be changed to fit my 38mm Turbosmart gate:

The turbo :) Decided to steal it from my other car (the Optra) and clean it up a little. I've put a CT12B on the Optra for now. This is a T4/T04B V-trim, 0.58 AR exhaust.

Turbo mounted and in its final resting position!

More coming soon :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man you work fast.
Thanks! More progress:

Aluminum intercooler piping all complete, with TurboXS BOV in the bumper :)

3" Stainless downpipe with DEI Ti Exhaust wrap and 3" exhaust with high flow cat:

Axle-back section of the exhaust with split entry collector, using a 94 SupraTT OEM muffler to keep that Lexus refinement ;)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And it continues....

Pump basket taken apart, and stock pump vs Walbro GSS342:

Finished product with return fitting & line installed:

Will be taking full control of this beast with AEM EMS :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phase 1 Complete!!

Final shot of the engine bay.... will have to get some better pics in the daylight

First start up and ready for tuning!

Loaded onto the dyno :)

Results!! and VIDEO :D

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks :) Yup I plan to bring it to the 1/4 mile and maybe a roadcourse....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure who is watching this thread anymore now that it got moved but an update for what its worth:

Finally there has been a break with the crappy weather over the past few days and I've been driving the IS!! :D

Its been amazing!! The power is so much fun and it sounds super mean when that wastegate opens... yet still cruises around with a "slightly modified OEM performance growl". Makes an awesome sleeper :) Surprisingly its able to grip quite decent on the crappy all season tires that came with it in these low temperatures.

Drive-ability is about 90% of stock I would say. Theres a few small hiccups here and there that will be ironed out with street tuning as we go, but nothing major. Cold starts are no problem so far down to -10 deg C and same with warm and hot restarts. All in all I'm very pleased with how this turned out - its pretty much like stock just way more power and higher rev limit :D

I'll get some driving video if i get a chance as the car won't be out for very long (the weather is turning crap again).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts