Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a cat back exhaust system for the crossover? The stock is too quiet and there would be a good power gain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone make a cat back exhaust system for the crossover? The stock is too quiet and there would be a good power gain.
I have myself been looking and no one makes them they havt to be made custom. Most exhaust shop can do it but it cost more as they have to design the system from scratch as their is not a direct replacement. i got mine done it cost bout $460 for cat back high flow 2.5 inch custom made. it adds bout 15-20% extra power. another good mod is a k&n filter that adds bout 10-15% power. currently mine is at 175hp or 130 kw, with these mods done at a performance shop

hope this helps you

·
Registered
143 Posts
sorry but id like to call BS on 175bhp out of a exhaust and K&N intake.... on a car that starts at 143 at the crank. you do realize that the car only puts down between 90-100 bhp at the wheels right? and theres no way to go from 143 to 175 at the crank from just an exhaust, and filter. id like to see some proof, such as a before and after dyno chart.

but back to the original post... it would be best to get an exhaust setup done at a local muffler shop. most places can give you a good setup, for a relatively good price. there are quite a few people on sx4club.com that have gotten an exhaust done for roughly $150-$230.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the mods done on my car to get that power gain that i did not mention were hi flow header and a programable ecu, with with the prior mentioned gave me such a power gain. the power is the minimum the shop informed me when it was completed.

i will soon be running it 1/4 mile and am hoping for at least low 15s but would like 14s

·
Registered
6 Posts
the mods done on my car to get that power gain that i did not mention were hi flow header and a programable ecu, with with the prior mentioned gave me such a power gain. the power is the minimum the shop informed me when it was completed.

i will soon be running it 1/4 mile and am hoping for at least low 15s but would like 14s. i ran a mate pulsar sss that best time 15 flat and got 1/2 car length.

·
Registered
56 Posts

i will soon be running it 1/4 mile and am hoping for at least low 15s but would like 14s. i ran a mate pulsar sss that best time 15 flat and got 1/2 car length.
Where did you purchase your header?:confused: I know of two available and am planning to purchase one this month.:) Thanks for your quick reply;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got my headers and exhaust custom made because no one supplys them in my area. road race motorsports have the best one on the market. watch with headers as the check engine light will come on unless a bypass is installed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. By the way, where are you located, I am in California.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i am located in penrith, born and bred there
Is that Penrith, New South Wales, Au or UK or WA, USA. Just interested in where members are located, it is just a thing about me. As I have been to Penrith in the UK & USA, while traveling with my work I had customers in Carlisle, UK and Newport WA.:rolleyes: Used to drive around the area on weekends to see what I could see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bringing back an old post, i was wondering since a couple members have put cat-backs on their sx4, if anyone of you found one with a deep sound not that chainsaw honda sound that hlaf the 4 cyl engines make???

example i dont want is the vid on youtube about the magnaflow exhaust on an sx4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts