Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried putting my new front pipe and manifold together and the exhaust donut that came with the front pipe is way too small. Do these need to be stretched to get them on or did i recieve the wrong size? Has anyone had a problem with this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried putting my new front pipe and manifold together and the exhaust donut that came with the front pipe is way too small. Do these need to be stretched to get them on or did i recieve the wrong size? Has anyone had a problem with this?
To clarify, it is the flange between the manifold and the front pipe(16v non-cali spec) A search on partsgeek or advance brings up about 6 different ones.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
For info:
Over the years in different markets the manifolds changed along with the down pipe to the cat.

From what I have seen, 16v manifolds fall into two types. The early ones had two smaller outputs into a double piped down tube. (This would give the same effect as tri-y headers giving wider, flatter power band.) The later ones have one large output with a single tube down tube. Mostly these single output manifolds started in higher emissions standard markets and seem to be on all the OBD2 models (1996 and up.) These use the exhaust donuts. exhaust donuts are made of pressed fibers and can not be stretched.... they will break.

Hope there is something in here to help you...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For info:
Over the years in different markets the manifolds changed along with the down pipe to the cat.

From what I have seen, 16v manifolds fall into two types. The early ones had two smaller outputs into a double piped down tube. (This would give the same effect as tri-y headers giving wider, flatter power band.) The later ones have one large output with a single tube down tube. Mostly these single output manifolds started in higher emissions standard markets and seem to be on all the OBD2 models (1996 and up.) These use the exhaust donuts. exhaust donuts are made of pressed fibers and can not be stretched.... they will break.

Hope there is something in here to help you...
mine is a single down tube, need a part number for a flange that fits....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how much to small your talking about...but I had to wire brush and file all the carbon off the little snout that the dounut goes on.
too small by 1/2 inch diameter. Measured the snout at 2.25 inches and went down to advance, the guy at the desk let me poke through their in-stock flanges until i found one close. So the exhaust is all buttoned up and she is back on the road. It was a wagner ring. Last three digits starts with 5 but i lost the bag it was in. Hard to tell when it is started now, even with the hole in the floor ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts