Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi beloved Forum,

I just got myself a beuatiful GV 2000, on demand 4WD with manual stick here in North America, in Vancouver area.
I was wondering if you would know where and how to connect my phone/spotify to the media unit. Would I have to install a new unit and who would be able to do that in Vancouver/Canada?

·
Administrator
16,161 Posts
The first thing we need to do is determine what you have - what is a GV2000 - is it a Grand Vitara built in the year 2000AD, is it a Grand Vitara with a 2.0 liter engine, or is it one of these...

Yes, the GV2000, could be any one, or all three of those, or something that I haven't thought of.

The second thing we need to do is determine what "media unit" you have fitted - the vehicle pictured is what is known as an SQ420Q, and was sold from roughly 1999~2005, and in that era, Spotify did not exist and cell phones did not connect to car radios - IF, that vehicle has the original unit fitted, it's unlikely that you can connect to it - BUT, it takes a standard single DIN head unit, and there is actually space for some doubleDIN units, so you may be able to replace it with a more advanced unit.

I can't tell you who in Vancouver can help, but I'm sure the yellow pages could help - what's the Canadian equivalent of BestBuy?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm not sure if they ship to Canadia, but you might check out Crutchfield.com
I have ordered a few items from them and been pleased. A basic unit that connect via bluetooth can be had for less than $50, and they really are easy to install.

Reactions: DC Friend

·
Registered
Angus Junior-2004 Vitara LX, 2,5 V6, 5 speed, 159k miles. Driven daily!
32 Posts
Pretty sure Crutchfield ships all over. I bought a Dual XDVD251 double DIN touch screen receiver with Bluetooth and DVD/CD capability for Angus Jr.; my 2004 5 speed V6 Vitara 4 door. The radio at the time was $ 125.00, I just checked the website and the same radio is $ 109.00 now. Here is the link to the one I bought-

Dual XDVD251BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield

It works GREAT! And Crutchfield offers a service (for 25.99 if I remember correctly) where you tell them what type of vehicle the unit is going into; and they wire your new radio up with the proper connectors so it's literally a plug and play installation. Took all of 10 minutes to take the old radio out and install the new one. Got Bluetooth for my phone, SD card slot for my 60 gigs of music, DVDs for the missus when we travel. I don't use Spotify but stream TuneIn radio from my phone to the unit sometimes, works beautifully.

I use my Vitara for business and having hands free phone is a must (because I'm on the phone all day long and hands free is a must in VA, it's illegal now to pick up and use your phone while driving. )
This is a handy and relatively inexpensive upgrade to your GV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts