Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard several people all with the same issue in 2006 grand vitara model with excessive static on am radio when outside of any major urban area. also i am getting noise from the engine on am radio. the dealer replaced the stereo but it is still the same. wondering if any body has any thoughts as to how to make my listening experience any better:(

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the 99 Esteem, same problem, buzz goes up and down with the engine speed, about the only thing you can do is put an RF choke on the power lead going into the radio. Check around at car stereo stores they should carry them.

But for the most part I never listen to the AM band anyway and stick with FM which doesn't have that problem.

What I do on long trips is load up my MP3 player with more music than I am going to need to get to where I'm going, and if I need it I have a USB port adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter that I can use to recharge it with (MP3 player has internal batteries that recharge through the USB connector).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts