Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My wife has a 2013 Swift 1.2, a lovely car for her, but the condensation is ridiculous. I know there must be water ingress and will need to locate the source. I am wondering if there is a known problem with these cars, somewhere I can start my investigation rather than looking everywhere?

I apologise in advance if there is a thread, please could someone kindly link it for me?

Many thanks

Changy

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Mine had really bad condensation during last winter parked outside. All I have done to get rid of it is remove the floor mats, air the car out every fine day, use the A/C all the time (acts like a de-humidifier) and I then started checking the air inlet drain vents (means you have to remove the inner wheel arch liners) and the heater drain pipe. Lack of air circulation in a parked car with temperature changes doesn't help. Try running the heater on recirc ac and heat for 10 mins before parking it up.
If its got condensation thats bad, the entire interior will be damp, and it will take time to get the moisture out of the seats and carpet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I have found the cause of my woes. The plastic clip for the roof rail is missing and allowing water in. The area of the driver's side rear passenger footwell is soaked, and it is directly below the missing clip. It appears to be running down the column and leaking out. I have ordered a new cover clip and will see if things improve.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Glad you have found the ingress point, I'd suggest some sealant as well to make sure it doesn't leak. Drying the car out will be the worst bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts