Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new Suzuki Enthusiast here, I recently found this forum and there is a lot of good information here so I signed up :)

Here's picture of my ex Sidekick I bought couple years ago. As you see I'm dealing with some snow during winter time here in northern Finland, light truck has it cons in deep snow but does a lot of things better than heavy monster truck. I don't wan't to ruin trails I drive almost daily to my cabin.

I ran with 215/80/15 Nokia Winter Tires and found them superior to any M/T in Ice.

YES! It had a Zebra paint job.

Eventually the Sidekick rusted out of my basic welding skills and I ended up selling it. Used a FWD Sedan as my daily ride for almost 2 months till I just couldn't stand not having a nimble 4x4 so I bought THIS:

1985 Suzuki SJ410. Bought it off from some old man. It has original 1.0 liter powerhouse engine with 130k mileage :eek:, 30" tires, PRISTINE Paint Job, Only rust spots are the door hinges and even there it's not bad. Skirts have been replaced by sturdy steel blocks (Hi-Lift Jack anyone?) Complete service manual from 1985-2013. Gotta say this one is the best car I've had this far. Cons? The engine feels underpowered but still gets the job done off road. It's pretty noisy and doesn't even have a radio yet.

She was covered with all sorts of bird crap combined with hay, dust and dirt so I just had to give her a bath and look at her now, what a beauty :)

I'm gonna keep it as my daily ride, only modifications I'm gonna do are a winch, proper M/T tires and a roof rack. Gotta find some good work lights too.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Nice looking SJ :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts