Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i'm quite new with the posts. but i've been monitoring most of the posts here, and i find it very informative. i have a 91 carry, f6a,four-speed manual,double cab. i live in baguio and i've has my ride since 2004. i'm satisfied with my ride, performace and all. although there are some hitches, like low milage(maybe because of the terrain we have in baguio) and parts. the suki's performance in mountanous and hilly terrain is very gud. along kennon road 2nd and 3rd gear, with 4 adult passengers, including driver plus i have 2 kids. man it really climbs. along marcos highway, its the same climbs good can even use 4th gear on some parts. but then its sometimes scary driving it along highways since it rocks when overtaken and when you meet big busses along the highway. the longest i've driven is baguio-nueva ecija, 5-6 hours drive. the one thing i've noticed tho is that the faster you go, the more the fuel consumption(just an observation tho)contrary to other cars that if you go 80-100kph, its more economical......well, i hope this helped our friend here-kg115-about the suki's performance here in baguio....i'll keep in touch and more power:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the very informative reply sir inspector gadget. yes I also observed the the faster you go the more fuel I consume. Is it because of the engine effficiency of the zuki is not designed for the higher speed? They put the 90kph warning beeper for a reason of course. Hehe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Caloocan to Baguio

Hello,

I've been to Baguio several times already using my suzuki van. F6A engine 12-valve. In my experience, I spend more on my gas going up to Baguio than in going down and travelling back to Manila. The maximum number of passengers I accommodated is around 3 (adults & me included). This does not include the amount of baggage and personal belongings my passengers brought with them.

As a practice, I ask my family to pack light. It's easier going down from Baguio on a full load rather than climbing up.

I have already taken the van up on both sides (Marcos H-way and Kenon). The van is quite reliable and I guess the big problem one really has is traversing the NLEX. Buses can be a pain if you are carrying light load. The van slightly sways with the wind drag caused by the passing buses. However, it's not really a problem if you are used to this.

I have 3 stop-overs on route to Baguio. The first stop is the Gas station on the first leg of NLEX. My second stop is in Luisita Mall and my third stop is in the Victory Liner stopover just before going up to Bagio.

It's a fun ride if you enjoy the driving rather than getting peeved by the numerous assholes wanting to overtake and speed off like some crazed bat out of hell. Just let them be, they will die soon enough. hahahah... (joke).

The best driving experience can be had if you go up to baguio at a very early time. (3-4 AM). For me this works well. Considering the amount of time my family mills around at every stopover, it's really a good time to go too. You will arrive in baguio earlier and you wont be inconvenienced by the traffic at every provincial capital. You will at least get to baguio nice and fresh. (I really hate the sun. :p

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts