Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 SX4 hatchback

Has anyone in here done a evap removal and replace? Is there a how to or video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
cabin unit or the evap unit in front of the radiator?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one in front of the rad is the condenser. But the evap I’m talking about is in the dash

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
ok, some people call the condenser an evaporator as well, which is why i asked.
you're in for a battle, the car is built around it. I haven't done one in an SX4, but getting a leaking heater core out was a big enough battle and took me about 4 hours.

·
Super Moderator
18,191 Posts
The CONDENSER resides in front of the radiator. Evaporator behind the dash. ;)

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
The CONDENSER resides in front of the radiator. Evaporator behind the dash. ;)
I know that, but i have seen a lot on here refer to the condenser as an evaporator, which is why I asked for him to clarify it. Without knowing the posters knowledge, surely finding out exactly which part is being talked about is sensible? Now I have confirmed it is the evaporator, I know what sort of a battle hes in for, and i feel for him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, some people call the condenser an evaporator as well, which is why i asked.
you're in for a battle, the car is built around it. I haven't done one in an SX4, but getting a leaking heater core out was a big enough battle and took me about 4 hours.
Damn that sucks. Well it will be a time well spent I guess. So hard finding a how to on this. I do t want to breaking fasteners and stuff while trying to remove the dash

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
a good set of the plastic trim removal tools will be your friend, and look and think about the obvious clip and hidden screw places before prying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts