Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Since November, when the OEM altnernator belt broke, at close to 95 000kms, every single belt that goes on, within the month, starts to squeal, no matter if you go and retension it, at $30.00/belt[OEM cost], better last a bit more.

I've checked for damage in the pulleys, non found, I've tighten the bolts to "a little more" they are not moving, made a mark last time, they all match.

Dealer has no idea either, can someone shed some light into this and if possible, give a link to a 2007 Swift Repair Manual, dealer here states they cannot sell to the public.

Thanks

Carlos

·
Super Moderator
12,184 Posts
I had a problem like that once - different Swift though - mine was a 93 with a 1.3 engine - I'll give you the details, it might be something similar.

The alternator on the 1.3 engine had three bolts holding it - two underneath that it pivoted on, and a third on the adjuster arm - one of the two underneath had fallen out, allowing the alternator to tip at a slight angle, not enough to be noticeable, but enough that the belt would squeal about a month after it had been fitted - as in your case, retensioning it didn't help, and a new belt would silence it for about a month.

This may not be the cause on your car, but all it'll cost you to check is your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fordem,

thank you, in my engine there are two bolts, one below, need an 8mm and a 12mm on top . .. plus, trying to tension the belt is a pain in da ^&*%#

I tension the belt cold to a 5mm deflection and hot that yields me about 7mm . .. measure belt when new, and after a month, belt is about 3mm longer but no way it quiets . .

wife and I are at wits ends with this situation

your input is greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts