Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Chevrolet Epica 2007. Today I was driving it and I wanted to test the power of this car a little bit, so I did a burnout. I was shifting gears up at ~4k RPM and when I was about to shift the 4th gear, the engine warning light lighted up, speed started going down, gas pedal didn't seem to work anymore. Then I noticed that I can't get the RPMs at more than 2k. I turned the car off, turned it on again and everything was okay again, except for the engine warning light - it was still there. Does anyone have any clue what just happened here? I've tried to drive the car after like 1-2 hours and it seemed that it's all good - RPMs were above 2k and nothing happened.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't yet. But do you guys have any thoughts what could have happened here? I hope I won't need to pay something like $1k to fix the problem :s Although I don't see any problems now besides that the light is still on

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
it will have lodged a code due to the burnout, I'll be interested which ones its stored, obviously one serious to cause a "limp home" mode to be set.
As i discovered myself yesterday, these "modern" cars are not designed to allow drivers to have any fun, I tossed my new GV into a corner on a shingle road like I do in my mitzi and the damn thing decided i had too much angular momentum on and wouldn't let me slide it thru the corner...... that fuse is coming out later on today

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Uhm, I'm not sure if burnout caused it. IIRC the light turned on when I was about to shift the 4th gear.
It will probably be because of it in one way or another, pull the code and see what it is, it was obviously something that triggered a limp home mode but wasn't serious enough to lock it into limp mode. It can take several instances of the code to set off the CEL lamp and trigger a limp mode, for example if it sensed wheelspin after each gear change it could have deduced you had a faulty sensor and put you into limp mode, and when you restarted and took off normally, the ECU decided the sensor was now ok and allowed the car to behave normally.

the only way to really know what caused it is to pull the code and see what sensor triggered it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts