Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Dash noise. I have a similar problem, but it's not really dash noise. It's hard to place. It's like a low pitched engine flutter or rattle, usually between 1000-200rpm. I had it to the Barrie Ontario dealership yesterday and they suggested I was shifting improperly. This is a low running speed issue not a shifting issue. They were entirley unhelpful and suggested I could "leave it with them for a week." I wonder if I can take it to my real mechanic and send them the bill.

·
Registered
143 Posts
try to tighten up the bolts that hold the heatshield on on the lower front of your engine, they can loosen up and the heatshild may rattle. if that ain the problem, then you might have to give us a better description.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine rattle

I took the heat shield right off but no difference. It's a low RPM fluttering / rumble from the engine compartment. It happens (or you can only hear it), at low speeds between 1000 and 2000 RPM. The dealership mechanic insisted on driving and accelerated through the noise. When I explained how to reprodeuce the noise he:
1. told me I was shifting improperly
2. told me it was clutch noise
3. told me it was the kind of noise that a small 4 cylinder engine always produces.
4. told me if I wanted more torque, to buy a 6 cylinder
5. told me to "leave it for a week and maybe they'd find it."

None of which addressed the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find the problem? I seem to have a similar problem, mostly when shifting 1st and second gear or when compressing. Once passed second gear, sound is gone.

·
Registered
861 Posts
SINce a very old thread.you will probably not get a reply from this forum member.......describe problem again...and fill up your profile/signature with all details about car (year, model, engine, transmission, AWD?, mileage) and location

1 - 5 of 5 Posts