Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully someone can relate to this. over the last 2 weeks its been hard to start it'll crank and stall right away or it'll start but near stall at really low rpms (around 500) for a sec then kick up to normal or sit and surge for a while, sometimes while i drive and slow down i'll near stall while im coming to a stop, and after driving it a while sometimes the idle sits extremely high around 2000rpm. twice the in 2 days after jerking while driving the service engine light came on each time i got it scanned both time codes PO300, PO301, PO302, PO303 showed up (random/multiple misfires, misfire cyl 1, misfire cyl 2, misfire cyl 3) today after it barely started and surged and stalled all morning once i got home in gear sat at 1000rpm and once i parked it it shot up to 2000rpm and in a continuous loop revved up to 2200 and sropped down to 2000. its a 2004 2.5L L6 with 123,900kms on it. any ideas ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i just took it to the dealer and apparently theres a TSB on the throttle bodys on those cars gumming up, and mine was apprently gummed right up so they took it appart and cleaned it and since then its been running fine

·
Registered
839 Posts
well i just took it to the dealer and apparently theres a TSB on the throttle bodys on those cars gumming up, and mine was apprently gummed right up so they took it appart and cleaned it and since then its been running fine
Hi there,
your post may have well saved the day for myself and a couple of friends who own the '04 Epica ... Although at 38,000km i dont really have that problem, or at least to the extent that you did my frind does !!!..... he bought the car off a used car lot and now we know why it was traded in........ I got after GM to extend my warrentee in the hope that if the unknown trouble got worse 'they' would help me out.. FAT CHANCE .. a lot of lip service and that was all.... Anyway, you seem to have a great dealer as this problem is wide spread and my dealer cant fix so will pass on the word..
Thanks again ..
Michael ....... In BC..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the TB was my idling problem, my misfiring problem was a different story. after continuing to misfire i took it to my dealer, they found out cyl 4 had low compression and continued to take the cyl. head off, found the whole engine was sludged worse than they had ever seen and called it a total failure, so at 125,000kms i have a brand new enigne (under warrenty thank god) so far since april, i have replaced in order: evap. canister, Valve cover gasket, fuel pump/level sending unit, water pump, R/L lower control arm, got TB cleaned, Rear sway bar bushings, engine, F/R lower control arm and ball joint assembly, thermostat, fuel pump/level sending unit (again). and hoping this is it

·
Registered
839 Posts
Well the TB was my idling problem, my misfiring problem was a different story. after continuing to misfire i took it to my dealer, they found out cyl 4 had low compression and continued to take the cyl. head off, found the whole engine was sludged worse than they had ever seen and called it a total failure, so at 125,000kms i have a brand new enigne (under warrenty thank god) so far since april, i have replaced in order: evap. canister, Valve cover gasket, fuel pump/level sending unit, water pump, R/L lower control arm, got TB cleaned, Rear sway bar bushings, engine, F/R lower control arm and ball joint assembly, thermostat, fuel pump/level sending unit (again). and hoping this is it
Gee, i'm at a loss to understand why all this happened ....... Sludge, the 1st thing comes to mind is did you do the oil changes as suggested......and as for the steering parts !!!.. not much anyone can do to cause premature wear.... At the moment i only have about 37,000 KM but getting worried when i read of posts like yours :)..... As for a trade in i believe my resale price would be low so may as well hold on til things start to happen.. So far so good, or i should say excellant...
Best wishes,
Michael .. in BC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it was the previous owner that prolly never took care of it, and tomorrow my cars goin in again to replace the center consol storage lid and my heater core with is somehow corroded (dont ask me how on a 3 year old car) but im still gonna keep it, i bought 17"s for it and a 2000$ stereo and more plans in the future

·
Registered
839 Posts
hi again,
well it certainly sounds like your car had a rough life b4 you came along.......... also the anti freeze may not have been changed out ........ Hopefully with me being in BC our climate is not as harsh as yours (just a lot wetter on the coast) most of your troubles come with being back east and with your added mileage too ......Anyway, i also like the car and hope to hold on til my reaches the 100,000 Km mark..... At the last check i was getting 37 MPG hiway which is ok with me............ and yes i can see how the lid would easily get damaged ...mostly i use mine as an arm rest lol..
Cheers, Good luck..
michael .. in BC

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2005 Verona. Two things that helped: 1). Replacing the battery helped greatly. In my case the battery eventually died and the problem didn't come back for the most part again. After 6 months with a new battery there was one occasion where the check engine light came on and wouldn't go out. I surmised from a dealer that the MAF sensor was the culprit. I replaced the air filter (it was dirty) and the problem went away for good! There are MAF spray cleaners you can buy - first try replacing the air filter. My Verona has 58,000 miles on it so far and I drive 110 miles each day. The original brake pads are still good for another 25,000 miles. So far the car has performed quite well and is comfortable to drive. Not a bad investment for reliable transportation. Good luck!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have an 04 Verona in my stall right now with multiple misfires and all it was, was the sparkplugs were worn out. The 04 still had the 30K mile plugs in it. Battery is still suspect (left the map light on) but running OK now. We have another one in the the Injector/Coil harness got brittle and now has exposed wire and is shorting out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 04 Verona in my stall right now with multiple misfires and all it was, was the sparkplugs were worn out. The 04 still had the 30K mile plugs in it. Battery is still suspect (left the map light on) but running OK now. We have another one in the the Injector/Coil harness got brittle and now has exposed wire and is shorting out.
Have the wire harness changed as soon as possible unless you don't care having pisons blowing oil everywhere causing damage to the engine, gaskets, throttle and sensors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts