Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I have just bought a 1991 1.6 8v tracker engine complete with harnesses,ecm,gauge cluster and would like to upgrade my 87 1.3 could anyone tell me how difficult it is and any helpful hints of info.would be greatly appreciated.I know i have to get an adapter kit and harness upgrade.Any info gratly appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am planning this too but I was under the impression that if you went with a 8v instead of the 16v you dont have to modify the harness or ecm???

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I am planning this too but I was under the impression that if you went with a 8v instead of the 16v you dont have to modify the harness or ecm???
THis only works if you unbolt the intake and exhaust, slide out the motor, then bolt in the 1.6 and reattach the intake and exhaust from the 1.3
Just remember that the 1.6 does not have a mechanical fuel pump hanging off the head... you wil need to install a low pressure electric model.

If you want to use the intake and fuel system from the 1.6 you will need the computer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yep,Bill,thats my plan...I want to use my header,2'' exhaust,and manifold with my weber.I seen where I was going to have to go with an electric fuel pump..Im trying to go the easiest way that I can,lol.Im wanting to go with the 4.9 T-case with updated shaft and 2wd low also..But, thats $1000 I just dont have right now....

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Another thing that you will encounter...
When using the exhaust setup for the 1.3 on a 1.6 (8 or 16v) you will notice the exhaust pipe right after it straightens out under the drivers floor may touch/rattle/annoy as it comes in contact with the floorboard heat shield. The head sits a bit higher (taller block), so the exhaust will raise up with it. Use a good hammer to customize/massage the heat shield to fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts