Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 88 sami and have rung all the power I can out of the 1.3, much better than stock, but just not cutting it. I've got an 04 Titan that just rips....eats hemis for lunch. I have a friend that may have totalled his Titan. If I can buy it cheap, will the 5.6 be over kill. It moves a 5700lb truck 0-60 in 6.8sec. If its in a vehicle half that weight....could be fun. With the Banks exhaust and CAI, she's hitting 348hp and 416 ft lbs of torque.

Too deadly or just too fun?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Offroad products for the serious offroad enthusiast! sells a bolt up kit for the vortex but you'd need to upgrade those leafs and shocks and I don't know how the axles will take it..usually when you do those types of swaps everything goes nothing stays but body(lol) its funny but you don't want problems down the line...maybe buy tranny and engine and trade or sell for something you know can work with stock or near stock parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've owed Votecs, you couldn't give me one. The Titans motor is so far superior to anything out there, well, about equal to the new Tundra but I prefer the power delivery on the Nissan and available build up parts from Stillen and NISMO. I figure replacing axles with Dana units and using the Nissan 5sp auto with it. Its easy to get well in access of 500hp out of that engine with solid reliability. Plus the engine is considerably lighter than the Vortec or Hemi.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The radiator has to be moved to the outside of the front cross member, Modine makes one that will fit. Minor trimming on the inner fender wells needs to be done, and the trans well needs to be expanded by 4" or a body lift used and a sledge hammer on the base of the trans well. The 5.6 Endurance is actually slightly smaller more compact than the 5.3 Vortec while pumping out a lot more usable power and torque. When I first got my Titan, everyone wanted to race, I smoked 6.0 SSs, 5.7 Hemis, Ford never stood a chance, haven't had the opportunity to race a new Tundra though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts