Suzuki Forums banner

Engine swap lift

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Swede 
#1 ·
Guys I have gone back through the old posts and have a question. I am doing a 1.6 enging swap and I find I will need 1.5" to 2" lift to keep this engine under the hood. Here in lies the question. I do not like a body lift but this seems the best way to go. How many frame contact points are there? What is a good material to build the spacers out of? Is there something around that will just work fine? What should I expect when beginning to break the bolts loose, any tips?
Thanks,

Joey

#3 ·
just done a 1600 16v EFI swap into a samurai and didnt need a body lift. I know one can lift the bonnet slightly and the bonnet clip. By how much is it touching? Have you got a samurai I know the bonnet has a raised section.

#4 ·
Well I only want to raise it as I read the oil pan will hit. I do not want to get into this and have to stop to raise the front end to get the engine in the bay. If it will fit I am fine with not lifting. I dopn't really like hood scoops. Can I install the engine and then see if the hood will close?

#5 · (Edited)
To avoid the 1.6 pan hitting the diff you will need to do a suspension lift or modify the oil pick up pipe and use the 1.3 oil pan. The body lift or hood scoop is to gain clearance above the carb/EFI. You can fit the engine and then see if the hood will close.

#8 ·
I just did a 1.6 change in mine and I used the 1.3 pan to clear the diff. I did necessary welding on pickup tube to fit. I believe it is Petroworks who offers a mount kit that lowers engine and transmission (love it!!) Next you need to drill two holes on each lower radiator bracket to lower the radiator so fan will fit the Lower shroud. Sure beats fussing with raising the body & creating higher center of gravity too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.