Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time listener, first time caller. I have a 1990 Every 660. The motor is tight but slow off the line. Is it possible to swap for a 1000 or 1200 cc motor. By that I mean are the engine mounts the same etc?

Also, is there an easy upgrade to speed up the stock motor? ie. air intake/output, plugs etc?

Todd

·
Registered
85 Posts
AFIK motor mount for the F10A is a little diff, im not really sure. but its still possible to swap a motor on your zuki. regarding upgrade for the stock motor, it would depend on what kind of F6A u have. is it carburated or EFI?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My van is an AFI motor, not sure of the model number of the motor. The van was imported from Japan so all paperwork is in Japanese. Where might I find the motor model number?

TT

·
Registered
200 Posts
if you have the same model as yellowturtle, the chassis no. is stamped at the back of the right front passenger seat.

the engine no. is to the right pillar of the right passenger seat.

pls. try to notify us if you saw it bro. :D god bless!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The motor type is an F6A. The Chasis is DB51V-104030. My bad, it was located right under my front driver seat on a riveted plate.

Todd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue...Yellowturtle...do you guys have any ideas? I got the motor and chasis number you asked for. I'm chompin at the bit to mod my ride a tad!

Todd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blue said:
AFIK motor mount for the F10A is a little diff, im not really sure. but its still possible to swap a motor on your zuki. regarding upgrade for the stock motor, it would depend on what kind of F6A u have. is it carburated or EFI?
Still waiting to hear what sort of upgrading I can do with my F6A motor. 160+ viewings, does anyone have any experience upgrading their motor, ie. air intake, exhaust???

Todd

·
Registered
17 Posts
Todd, I too am asking similar questions and have few answers (except that I have the same vehicle as you and am also named Todd. I spend a lot of time racing rally cars but know little about mechanics. The point being that I asked some rally guys about this in idle conversation and the easiest way to get more power/speed from your vehicle is make the engine more efficient. You are right to ask about air intake and exhaust. Anythign that makes the engine work less hard is an advantage. A free flow K&N air filter (one shape) should attach to any car and will give better breathing thus more power. Larger oil filters (itf they fit) will also increase your power. As will a bigger oil cooler. Straightening your exhaust and enlarging it will help although be careful to not overdo it and reduce the backpressure that is required for proper engine functioning. A large coil and better plugs and ignition wires will ensure that the gas in the cylinders burns hotter and gives more power and less wasted gas.
BUT THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO s obtain an aftermarket engien mananagement system. Your every has EFI (electronic fuel injection) THis is a computer that controls the valves and fuel amount tha enters your engine. A custom system would allow you to program this cycle to ensure maximum efficiency and best power. This is what tuner car owners do when they "chip" their engines. Cost and what system will work best are things I dont know but am looking into. There is a company called four star motorsports in georgetown ontario. in the early 90'2 they rally prepped some suzuki swifts. I imagine a lot of the engine parts are similar and they may know of an EMS that would work. I havent got around to contacting them yet, but if you cant wait then fly at her. Remeber I am no mechanic, but these are my ideas that may work for you. If you do an engine swap keep me ion mind aas I may be interested in yoru old parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts