Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having engine problems with my 1987-1/2 Samurai for the past 6 months or so and decided to get it running recently. The issue that I'm having is that after the engine gets nice and warm (after 35 minutes to an hour) it starts to hesitate and finally dies a few minutes later. It is very hard to restart and won't run again until it completely cools down (won't even start on ether). I purchased the shop manual and it had a list of 6 or 8 things to check and replace so I did. I've replaced the plugs, plug wires, coil pack, fuel pump, oxygen sensor, rotor button, distributor cap, fuel filter, etc. No luck after replacing all those parts. Fuel pump is good, engine has a STRONG spark. I'm lost and looking for advice from anyone who can help out.

Thanks in advance-

Eric:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ebernard said:
I've been having engine problems with my 1987-1/2 Samurai for the past 6 months or so and decided to get it running recently. The issue that I'm having is that after the engine gets nice and warm (after 35 minutes to an hour) it starts to hesitate and finally dies a few minutes later. It is very hard to restart and won't run again until it completely cools down (won't even start on ether). I purchased the shop manual and it had a list of 6 or 8 things to check and replace so I did. I've replaced the plugs, plug wires, coil pack, fuel pump, oxygen sensor, rotor button, distributor cap, fuel filter, etc. No luck after replacing all those parts. Fuel pump is good, engine has a STRONG spark. I'm lost and looking for advice from anyone who can help out.

Thanks in advance-

Eric:confused:
I had a similar problem with my 76 vw beetle a couple of years ago, It turned out it was a little piece of something in the carb. When the engine would get warm, it would float up and block a jet, when it cooled down again, everything was fine. I did the same as you, replacing everything I could think of, until I finally sat down, rebuilt the carb, and found the culprit. Everything was fine after that.

john

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello, sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere, when your car gets hot metal expands and therefor allows for leaks, run aerostart around all intake gaskets and carbie gaskets, if the revs pick up in a certain spot you have found your leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts