Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie here. I am in Metro Manila and I am looking to buy a minivan. I see so many versions minivan that I do not know what to call it. After reading posts in this forum, I have noticed that there are 3 engine variants... the 550, 660 and the 970(?) engine.

If I want to a minivan which will keep me cool (strong AC), do I have to look for a minivan with the 970 engine or will the 660 do? For my use, I think I'll need a turbo.

I heard from a dealer in Taguig that there are a few minivans with 1.3 engines in Metro Manila. How true is this? I have done some rounds and only see China made minivans with the 1.3 engine... none on the Japanese Suzuki models.

Feedbacks please....:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
darncool said:
Hi, newbie here. I am in Metro Manila and I am looking to buy a minivan. I see so many versions minivan that I do not know what to call it. After reading posts in this forum, I have noticed that there are 3 engine variants... the 550, 660 and the 970(?) engine.

If I want to a minivan which will keep me cool (strong AC), do I have to look for a minivan with the 970 engine or will the 660 do? For my use, I think I'll need a turbo.

I heard from a dealer in Taguig that there are a few minivans with 1.3 engines in Metro Manila. How true is this? I have done some rounds and only see China made minivans with the 1.3 engine... none on the Japanese Suzuki models.

hi, i'm not sure if i can ans properly your question, but let me just share what i do know.
here in cebu, SOHC 660cc vans/truck are the more common engine types. i'm using a SOHC 660cc truck and its airconditioned. its good enough, kahit mainit ang panahon.
i also have a friend who owns an every SOHC 660cc, its air conditioned also. the only problem is on the back part of the van, it does not reach the cold air that much...:(

·
Registered
203 Posts
The China made minivans are 4 cyclinder with a 1000cc displacement or the actual displacement of 970cc, they're code is an F10 engine. It's brand new and has an EFI engine (no aircon) and for additional Peso they'll put a dual aircon. The cost might be 300 to 400++ for a unit. San Miguel companys have a fleet of Suzuki with F10 engine and they do have aircon. I did ask one of the drivers and they did have strong Aircon but I notice that they don't have rear seats and they have a large curtain behind the driver that significantly help in making the front driver/passenger side cool.

And I know that van with an F6 engine can have aircon and you can put a dual aircon to it coz i was able to ride one and saw how they install the aircon. They were cool enough for our summer heat but don't compare it to nissan or any sedan type of cars. Additional fans will help cool the van fast but remember that if you put an aircon it will cut your van's power and increase your fuel consumption. They place a brand new 505 compressor in the van. I'll have my van aircon fix this coming September and I plan to put a curtain behind the rear seats and behind me so my compressor won't have a hard time cooling the entire van. Anyway, my van don't have a third seat, it's just your usual cargo space.

Suzuki did release a 1.3 but it's a wuling van but I don't think they did have a 1.3 engine here for super carry. If they did, they are very rare and you might have trouble for spare parts.

There are carry out there that replace their Suzuki engine with a 4k engine(1.3 cc) but that's a lot of money for modification and you have to buy a toyota transmission and change the rear drum brakes to a disc brakes.

The vans sold here in Manila are sometimes over price and they were not recondition very well. Try Subic or if you have friends or contacts in Cebu, better get one in Cebu. It only cost additional 6k to transport them or better go to Cebu so you can be able to choose one at the same time you can go on for a vacation. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks for the comments Yellowturtle. You're right, I also feel most of the units I have seen here in Metro Manila are a bit overpriced... but anyway, I just might take your suggestion of going to Cebu instead.

·
Registered
97 Posts
660cc can handle aircon compressors relatively well, but as blue said, may not cool the rear portion of minivans quite well.
you can get a good minivan in cebu for 160k, if you add shipping cost of 10k or less then its probably still cheaper than buying one in MM

·
Registered
200 Posts
darncool said:

ahum...you forgot the oldies :cool: there was a variant 1000cc, and my family has it, 4cyl and 5 speed siya. bro i suggest up to 1000cc ka nalang kasi if you go for 1.3 parang di na minivan ang matatawag mo sa van mo...gas consumption increases if you go to 1.3, and secondly mas nakakatakot pag galing china pa yan... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
newbie also from cebu,.. I had a mitsubishi multicab pick-up type and want to get rid of it and buy a minivan, it really gives me headache of finding spare parts of mitsubishi engine.. right now I'm in manila, just want to ask you guys who resides in Cebu which autodealers/store will I find cheap yet quality minivans in Cebu, P150k- P170k will do..
salamat kaayo mga bro..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind if you can also translate your conversation to English so we can share our ideas and suggestion. I don't understand Visayan dialect.:)

Thanks!

:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
ohh sorry yellow, i'm just asking junver tips on buying a minivan and some engine facts,. now I know some of it after reading our forums and some of your contribution, nice van you have there.. I thought that was your van being "pimp up" :) .....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sid, RAP here.

Still looking for a minivan...I boutght mine along Natalio Bacalso Avenue right after bridge going to Mambaling. I bought mine for 150 K. The unit that I bougt was a Scrum - special edition. The units inside was already dressed up with nice upholstery stereo and air conditioned..with 3 months warranty. So far, I have replaced the water pump and the radiator due to overheating problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thank you Sid vicious! I am still working on improvement on my van kasi kulang sya ng nabili ko. Old carpet, yung upholstrey sa right door ko sira na, rear wiper not working and my front wiper is still right side pa rin, hindi pa na convert to left side.

And to make it worse, a revo hit me sa right rear fender last Friday. There was a depression a size of a melon. OOOUUUCHH! :( The good thing my tail light was spared. The owner of the revo will pay me as soon as I have it check by my mechanic. I brought my van yesterday for the estimate and he said that 2.5K will do. I think that prize is reasonable considering the high cost of materials plus the depression that the revo made was at the rear corner.

Haay!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi there rap81374,

Our original Suzuki Van has an original 2 row radiator. Did you change yours to 3 rows and do you still have your thermostat valve located at the top end pipe connected to the main engine intact? Is your van front or rear engine? Ok ba aircon kahit traffic or in the middle of a hot day?

I changed my van's radiator to 3 rows but my thermostat valve is stock up so my mechanic remove it and have been looking for one. My thermostat indicator needle most of the time stays above 1/4 even heavy traffic without auxilliary fan as it is not yet working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi yellow, when i bought mine it was orignally a single tube radiator. The engine is located on the rear portion of the vehicle. I think its thermostat is intact. For the first few months that I used it there was no problem until such time when overheating came. From there I replaced it with the two tube radiator and also change the water pump for it also shows signs of normal wear and tear. Since then, I dont have anymore problems with regards to overheating, even in a middle of hot day with ACU on. When used in the morning and the afternoon, thermostat indicator stays at first line indicator and runs at 1/4 level when in the middle of the day...I already tried it on long distance trips and fortunately it stays fine....

I hope I could post some pics for your comments on what to do on initially "pimping" my ride.

-------

Sid, hope I could post some pics this week for your comment to.

Have a nice day to all.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
You can go to Coolvest along V.Luna Hospital in East Avenue and have them check. Free estimate naman and tell the owner that you were recommended by Jon (Yellowturtle). You can check my aircon on the next EB so you can see their works first before you go there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
j-six said:
OT: (Off topic): san kayong call center bro nag-wowork? naghahanap nako bro kasi malapit na me maggraduate eh. hehe:D

btw, roughly 30k ang aabutin bro, sa Sanden Aircon sa may shaw. pero i dont know kung ganito parin ang price nila kasi we asked them about 5 years ago hehe!
I work with Convergys in Ortigas.

hmm 30k? geezz! medyo mahal pla.. any suggestions for alternative ventilation for my mini-van? :)) :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
aircon for carry pickup

hi blue, i saw your very nice pickup! am interested in your aircon setup. been trying to have one installed for as long as i remember. sanden quoted me 20k a year ago but they wont use suzuki parts. is your compressor original suzuki? i already have the heater setup with the blower but no compressor, condenser, and evaporator yet. basically everything that's under the floor. if you can share other details of your cooling unit, would greatly appreciate it. thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just recently purchased a 660cc pickup type. i heard that if ur going to install ac on it, the performance of the engine drops significantly. how true is that?

plus it will shorten ur engine life.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts