Suzuki Forums banner

Engine Replacement Issues

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  fmartin_gila 
#1 · (Edited)
I am new to the forum, and I have a confession to make. I recently bought a 2012 Nissan Pixo N-Tec 1.0 K10 engine. don’t judge me yet 🫣😬
I do know that this is an Suzuki Alto and rebadged as a Nissan and is normally a very well built cheap run about.

Back to the question in-hand, I had an engine failure and bought a second hand engine with 40,000 miles on it here in the UK. The engine is brilliant but I have had a nightmare to get the engine running well, this is still ongoing hence the post.

On re-fitting the new engine I realised very quickly that the removed engine had two VVT solenoid's and the new engine had an EGR valve instead with deleted VVT valves, here starts the headache.

I have change the following:
1. The engine wiring loom to connect to the different components.
2. Air box and with the added MAF sensor Instead of the inline temperature sensor.
3. Both new Lambda sensors changed, number one sensor with new wiring to fit the 5 pin wiring loom.
4. New camshaft sensor.
5. New Catalytic converter.
6. Change to a Suzuki Alto drivers side engine mount.

With all this done I am still getting error codes for the Camshaft sensor and high readings for the Lambda sensors. I cannot find any information about the ECU’s on both versions of cars and to when the VVT valves were removed or EGR valves and different components fitted?
I am a reasonably competent mechanic in my spare time but I am running out of ideas? The only thing that is original is the ECM, I am thinking if this is the issue and is coded slightly differently due to the older engines differences.
I would assume that the new engine is from a Suzuki and not a Nissan, I have found that many suppliers of used parts state for both Nissan and Suzuki. is there a different ECM fitted to Suzuki’s or the different type of K10 engine has a different ECM part number.

Thank you in advance for any technical details and assistance.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
May or may not be any help and I may not be remembering this right, I have read somewhere that the K10 engine was built with 10 to 1 compression ratio and with 11 to 1 ratio, one(and I don't remember which) had a EGR and the other didn't, also they were controlled with either a Denso or a Bosch ECM, depending which build they were. Also be aware that this is a Murati/Suzuki collaboration and I do believe the engine/car is built in India.

Fred

#3 ·
Yep, you need the ecm for the installed engine as it won't be seeing the correct sensor data or controlling the vvt solenoids. Even the wiring loom connections will be different between the ecm/ engine combination. The existing ecm won't know what to do with the maf either as its looking for a temp sensor
Cam sensors are different.....

I'm surprised its running at all.
What happened to the old engine?

#5 ·
Yep, you need the ecm for the installed engine as it won't be seeing the correct sensor data or controlling the vvt solenoids. Even the wiring loom connections will be different between the ecm/ engine combination. The existing ecm won't know what to do with the maf either as its looking for a temp sensor
Cam sensors are different.....

I'm surprised its running at all.
What happened to the old engine?
The head gasket went but I was on the M1at the time and tried to get to the nearest service station, but it was one of the hottest days so to say I didn’t get there is an understatement. AA recovery but more damage occurred.

#6 ·
Thank you for the details, it is really hard to find any details on the engine variants. That does make sense, the engine I got was delivered and only had done 40,000 miles. My own fault really as I was so eager to get the car running again I didn’t look closely at the components I didn’t need to change, school boy error o_O

#13 ·
You state that your old ECM is a Bosch. Don't know if this will help but may widen your search possibilities. About 3 months ago I purchased a new 2022 Maruti/Suzuki Spresso which is powered with a K10 engine and the ECM is a Denso unit. The white tag pasted to the unit is as follows:
33920M62S3 1 The last number has a box around it
33920-62S3 1 The last number has a box around it

062SO 12V
Denso India
HA715600-0413
BAR CODE
*560413J

I am confidant that the 1st number is the Maruti part number which it seems converts to the standard part number but I don't know about the last number with a box around it.

Hope this helps in some way.

Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.