Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago after filling up with gas I started noticing a very bad mis,to the point when I stop my engine dies but starts right back up?Its mis really bad and back firing coasting down hills.I have no loss of power which is whats got me puzzled?I ran all that gas out and put treatment in tank in case I got bad gas but its still doing the same thing.I changed out my plugs..Could it be coil,wireds,or matbe a burnt valve???I have been burning a lot of oil and have 142,000 on my engine but would I not have a loss in power if it was my engine,jump time,or something more serious???

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok...found the problem.I went over to the mechanic shop and asked one of the guys about it this morning..He told something to go check and while starting to do what he said I braced my self on the carb/breather...it moved!!!:eek: Found my carb loose and it was sucking air,of course!!Tightened it back up and problem solved.Its always these little things I fight,lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is this the stock carb or an after market Weber? If it is a Weber the adapter plates will need loc-tite applied. My Weber has vibrated loose twice now causing that same problem. Have loc-tite applied now and waiting to see if that fixed the problem.

GIZMO

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,the plate seemed ok but I will go back and recheck that...It was actually the carb (weber) its self..I had it off for another problem with choke linkage sticking on me causing it to idle high and which also caused my throttle to stick...Not sure if I didnt get it tight enough or it just shook loose,which is not a surprize,lol.Love my zuk but it rides like a 2 horse wagon!!!All seems to be ok now but there's still a little mis in my idle??I work on that later..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts