Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Chevy Tracker FSM says to disconnect the battery. Remove the 4 fan nuts where it bolts through the pulley. Remove 4 radiator shroud clips (but don't remove it). Detach the power steering reservoir and reposition aside. Lean the shroud toward the engine. Detach the fan from the pulley hub and remove the fan from the engine compartment (don't damage the radiator). Remove the 4 clutch mounting bolts and separate the fan from the clutch. Inspect the fan for cracks and broken blades. Installation is reverse of removal. All 8 fasteners get 11 N.m (97 lb in).

That's all I see here. Good luck.
Hello

I just got the car from the service,where they installed a new radiator ( is not a new radiator,its a second one,but in good conditions) and a new cooling fan clutch. After this,the engine is overheating,before they did this operation,the car was working perfect. At the first look,it seems the air jet from the cooling fan have a wrong direction, it came on the engine not in front to radiator. Is there a chance of a bad fan mount? I mean the fan can be installed on wrong side?

·
Super Moderator
18,425 Posts
I moved this from where you piggy backed an old thread.

What engine, model and year?

And your post lacks clarity (terminology) for us to really understand the questions. :huh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a G16B engine from a GV 2003. I wonder if the fan should vacuum air from outside to the radiator or it should blow the air from the fan into radiator. In my case it seems it vacuum air from outside to the radiator and i wonder if that is correct. The engine is overheating after changed the engine radiator (with a second one in good condition) and the cooling fan clutch (new one). Before i made this change i never had any overheating problem :(

·
Super Moderator
13,760 Posts
First a question - if there was no overheating problem - why did you change the radiator and fan clutch?

Second - the correct air flow is from the outside, through the radiator, to the inside.

If I had to guess, I would say, your "new" radiator is not in as good condition as you think.

·
Super Moderator
18,425 Posts
Did they reuse your OLD fan? Even it was able to be fitted flipped backwards, it would still draw in the same direction though.

IF you used a replacement fan...do the angles of the blades match the old fan? :huh:
There's really no easy way to reverse the fan ROTATION, so it's all about the fan design / blade angle in other words.

And if a different fan, is it possibly smaller in diameter than the original?

Did they reinstall the fan SHROUD?

Did you (they) burp all of the trapped air in the coolant system after repairs.

Does the temp GAUGE only show higher or are you actually boiling over?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The fan is the same,they only replaced the fan clutch,so the blades are the same. I didn't burp the air trapped in the coolant system,because i didn't know how and i assumed it will be done by itself.I noticed if i put the heat on max,the engine temp will stay at normal level.
Please explain me how to burp the trapped air from the coolant system?
Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts