Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone here.
Pls we have are using The class of Suzuki Every here as means of public transportation.
Here we convert the car to mini bus and also convert it from right hand to left hand drive.but the engine only last for 7months.
My question is are we over labouring the engine here because we use it from 6am to 10 pm daily.
Or is it because we buys it on fairly used or because of the conversion or is it the normal life span of the engine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
The company I worked with thirty years back used Carrys as service vehicles, we had three, one pickup style, one bus style, one van style (bus with no side or rear windows), bearing in mind that these vehicles were daily abused fleet vehicles, they were amazingly reliable & trouble free, your problem is most likely poor maintenance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
6 people in it all the trips would mean running at max gross weight all the time, its a lot for any 13oocc.

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
6 people in it all the trips would mean running at max gross weight all the time, its a lot for any 13oocc.
Does that mean you feel that Suzuki would not build a car capable of withstanding it's design loads - or to put it differently - equip the vehicle to seat more occupants than it was built to carry?

·
Registered
17 Posts
IF there were 6 people in it on all the trips it ( possibly ) would be running at max gross weight with ppl and baggage and engine ( possibly running ) 15h a day, (possibly ) all the time, it would seem to ME to be a lot for any 13oocc,. BUT I am no mechanic and do not know the variables i.e. actual weight carried, / terrain / running time / age of veh / miles on tachometer done / service record etc, I can only theorise and pass my personal opinion, 🙂, insignificant as it is. Mean while, I hope you have sorted your engine out with a re build or a second hand one. and ensure the water and oil checked each day, I have had mine 6 year, = = plugs, + oil change each year, 1 thermostat, 2 tyres, 1 air filter, about 33MPG, so they do run well.

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
I don't know if you're aware of this, but internal combustion engines that are frequently started & stopped and only driven for short distances actually have higher levels of (or more rapid) engine wear, what happens is the wear is greatest during the "warm up" period before the engine reaches operating temperature, and when the vehicle is only driven for short distances before it is parked and shut off, the engine may never reach operating temperature before being switched off.

In the Caribbean, where the islands are small, and the daily commute in the region of say 10 miles (about the length of my wife's commute, and she comes home for lunch so it's 4 x 2.5 mile trips), it's not unusual to see a 10 year old car with under 30,000 miles or an engine needing a rebuild with just 100, 000 miles

An engine that is run continuously for 15 hours a day or even 15 hours with frequent shut down & restarts with being allowed to cool down, might well outlast one that is run for 20 mins twice a day, provided the lifespan is measured in hours of operation or miles driven.

Constantly loading the vehicle to capacity (or even overloading it) would have a bigger impact on suspension (sagging springs, worn out shocks), transmission (burned clutch for a manual, burned fluid on an automatic) and brakes, than it would on the engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been able to figure out from different opinions here why our cars don't last long here.
I thank you all for your suggestions and opinions.

I am experiencing a very slow movement or lack of pressure in my atomamatic engine Suzuki every, the car/bus cannot climb a little hill except I trothle it while on nutral and then put to drive before it can move.pls what's the course and the solution. Help a needy friend.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
check fluid level, filter condition and line pressure to determine if its low on oil, filther is clogged or has low line pressure leading to no drive.

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
I have been able to figure out from different opinions here why our cars don't last long here.
Do you plan on sharing that with us?

I am experiencing a very slow movement or lack of pressure in my atomamatic engine Suzuki every, the car/bus cannot climb a little hill except I trothle it while on nutral and then put to drive before it can move.pls what's the course and the solution. Help a needy friend.
There are many possible reasons for this, ranging from a tired "down on power" engine, to multiple transmission related issues.

What does the engine do, when you try to climb the little hill, if you don't put it in neutral and rev it first? Do the engine revs increase (which would suggest a slipping transmission) or does it bog down and labour (which would suggest engine related issues)?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
surely the auto in those should detect load and change down......

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
I'm not suggesting that it's in the wrong gear - just trying to break the problem into smaller parts - engine or transmission - either is a possibility.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When gear moved fine when the alternator is not plugged but if plugged the engine will not move jerking heavenly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts